Scratched Merc

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Nelson

Reaction score
Hi All,

I run my skeg along some oyster racks on thw weekend and fairly chunked up the powder coat just infront of the water intakes.

Is there any product on the market i can use to fill the scratches ???

Thanks

AUSNITRO

Sand it down and re-paint it or you could put w SkegShield on it from KeelShield see link.

And as Mini so likes to say, after he sandblasted my skeg through a sand island on St Clair....."Skegs are not meant to have paint on them anyway...":lol: :lol::lol:

TOXIC
http://www.keelshield.com

Goodness...........if you dont want the paint off of your skeg......do NOT come here and fish our lower resevoir.......its not broken in untill thre is no paint below the housing

Fellas, i think you have misunderstoodf me. The bottom of my skeg has paint missing i am not concerned about that. The damage has been done above the prop shaft infront of the water intakes and leading all the way up to the bottom of the cav plate. Here the pwder coat seems very thick and the scratches are very deep is there no product out that will fill it ?

I have never found anything that will correct that......the only good part is aluminum is forgiving to being exposed....all you can do is say its life and a new experience you had.

Latest posts

Back