"Scott's World; Episode XXXVIII" on Ill Tempered Cats and People.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
OK..... I wasn't going to post anything..... But it's been on my mind all weekend.....

I'm a cat owner; or maybe I should say "owned by a cat". Tigger is an 8-year old, male, chocolate point siamese. He's one of the friendliest cats you've ever met. I had a pot-luck dinner Saturday night and he spent the entire evening going from lap to lap playing with my guests!

Now, I've met some very nasty cats, too..... Cats that even I thought should be put to sleep..... Same with dogs..... And, unfortunately, I've met some people as well.....

It's a fact of life: Most living creatures are wonderful to be around but there are some, regardless of species, that are miserable. Thank God for the Good Ones!

That said..... I am very, very disappointed that someone who "bashed another living creature's head in" would ever be held up to be righteous - regardless of the reason. This is cruelty and viciousness in the extreme.

me.

Scott, my punn was only in fun about cats. Some I like. I can bet that this gentlemen most probably did not bash the cat's head in. You know how the media can get, especially if PETA is behind it trying to get free publicity. If I was bit by a stray that could have rabies, I most certainly would destroy the animal and have it tested. We do not have enough evidence either way to make a sound decision on this one. But I do agree, anyone that would do unnecessary harm to ANY animal should be punished. I have often threatened people that have threatened my dogs in the woods. They are very much a part of my family. Just my opinion.

Scott I agree with you on some points ,but have to disagree with on others . First I have had dogs my entire life and is someone was to attempt to harm my current dog they best hope I never find them as I can be one mean SOB if I want to be . Dental charts would be needed by the nest of kin to Identify them . HOWEVER that being said if I was bitten by any type of wild or feral animal I would kill it quickly as possible to have it tested for rabies which is a very real possibility here in Jersey. Although I work as a Chemist I am by education a Biologist I know how serious rabies can be and have seen films during my education people affected and dying of rabies and I wouldn

Hey Scott, thats funny! I have a 6 year old persian cat also named Tigger. And he is also the best cat I have ever been around. Very affectionate and laid back. Must be something with the name. I didn't catch the story you guys are talking about, so I guess I couldn't comment. From what you say though, I think I would try to catch the cat and have it tested rather than just bashing it. Live cats can be tested for rabies just like dead ones.

scott,ive had 5 cats so far,they have there own personality,i have been bit,scratched but i have never thought about killing it.i may have thought about it,but they are amember of the family now.

the cat was a ferel cat,meaning it never had human hands on it,it reverted to its wild state.there are quite a few out there in the cities,and the suburbs also.you cannot think of what was going through that guys mind when it bit him.he was thinking of the rabies thing,self preservation of himself.i know if it was me,i would have done the same thing.granted the vet would have to kill it to check for rabies,so how would he have done it?injection?with it in that state,would they have put themselves at risk of rabies,being bitten,scratched?or gassed to death.either way you look at it,it would be dead.

cats also taste like chicken!!!!

just kidding.remember alf from tv?release a few dozen of them and that will take care of the cat overpopulation!!getting a cat fixed sounds cruel,but if it does get loose,at least it wont breed anymore.

ive said enuf!

Jeff -

My Tigger plays fetch! I get one of those little furry mice, put it on my thumb and flip it accross the room..... He chases after it and brings it back - over and over again! That's what he was doing Saturday night - carrying either the mouse or this long wand with feathers tufted at the end to people to play with him!

When friends are over, you can't shoo him out of the room! As far as he is concerned, they are here only to see him!

me!

Scott,

That is funny. My Tigger likes to play stalk....he'll eye me from around the corner and I will hide and peek at him around a different corner. Then as he gets closer I start running from him and he will "play" attack my leg. Okay, now everyone on this board probably thinks I'm crazy. Oh well. Actually, I grew up owning dogs, and I still love dogs, but I have also been very satisfied with my 2 cats.

I've had just about every small animal that you can name for a pet - dogs, cats, chipmunks, gerbils, raccoons, skunks, snakes..... NO SPIDERS! All through high school, I worked for a verterinarian and had fully intended to become one myself. Unfortunately, higher education and I didn't seem to fit each other..... But that's another story.....

me!

That is weird, I too wanted to become a vet. Growing up I had hampsters, gerbils, snakes, and also a Caimen named fangs and a pocket parrot named Dino. I ended up a computer programmer instead, but still like watching a good wildlife documentary from time to time.

Back in 1970, I attended Control Data Institute - a school for computer programming..... Back when it took a room the size of a one-car garage to hold a computer with a 64k hard-drive..... Back when disc drives were the size of six dinner plates stacked one on top of the other..... Back when you had an arm load of punched cards carrying the codes for your latest program update and you prayed that you hadn't made any typing errors and that you didn't drop any of the cards.....

me!

Yeah, my dad also used to work in programming a long time ago and he too used punch cards. I got my first personal computer back in 1982 I think it was.....I was 12 then. It was a commodor vic 20 with 20k ram. It had no kind of storage so you couldn't install any programs or save any files. I remember typing out a simple game program on it and didn't want to turn the computer off or I would lose all the code....pretty funny stuff.

Latest posts

Back