Saving Waypoints on a Humminbird 798

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Wagner

Reaction score
I have a Humminbird 798 GPS and would like to save my waypoints to an SD card. In one of the slots, I have a Navionics chip, and an SD card in the other. The instructions say to go to the Main Menu, select the Navigation tab, and then cursor down to "Export All Nav Data". I can find the Navigation tab, but when I scroll down, there is nothing that says "Export All Nav Data". I tried changing the setting to Advanced, but that did not solve the problem. I would appreciate any advice on what I am doing wrong. Thanks,

Mike

your manual is most likely incorrect - it is

NAV
Waypoint routes tracks
options
select all
export

If you have installed any software updates since October 2011, the manual instructions do not apply. New Waypoint Management has been inplemented.

To Export your Waypoint Library, go to the menu Nav tab, down to Waypoints, Routes, Tracks and right arrow the 4-way button.
Up arrow to Options and right arrow.
Down arrow to Select All and.... right arrow on the 4-way bottom
Choose Export, right arrow, and wait for it to happen. It should only take a few seconds.

Your waypoints will be in the MATRIX folder on the card. You can load them to HumminbirdPC if you have that on your PC.
Mac's---forget it unless you have a parallel software.

Latest posts

Back