Rod socks

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Robinson

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a company that makes a rod sock that will actually fit spinning rods?Just got 2 in from BPS FOR MY 7 FT SPINNERS NO GO CAN ANYONE HELP

I bought a set of 8 rod socks on ebay from a woman who sews them from camo material. They were for 6' and 7'. Fit all my spin sticks. They have a loop on the closed end and elastic on the open end. Plus I bid on them and got em for about $2.50 each!

Pretty much anybody that makes them has the right size for spinning reels except Bass Pro. I don't know what happened with their supplier but they messed up big time. If you look at the BPS ones in the store now, they all have a sticker applied to the packaging that gives the size.

http://www.stickjacket.com/Web/Order.php

All the best,

Glenn

The Stickjacket won't fit a 7' BPS Carbonlite rod. The bottom guide is too big. I had one of the older BPS sleeves with the elastic that stretches over the reel to hold it in place and that worked.

Must be one big honkin' guide, as I've used the StickJacket on many of my All Star rods that had a very big stripper guide, with no problem at all. Not doubting your claim - just wondering how big that stripper guide is!

All the best,

Glenn

I bought a few extra when they were on sale some months ago, measure that bottom eye and if it fits you can get one of these.

I bought about 20 from Bass Pro when I worked there for about $2 each. Fits all my walleye sticks no problem. Same with the reel covers.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back