Rod locker length (170dc)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Dallaire

Reaction score
Took my 1996 dc (170 ) for a runyesterday and had a blast. I went to put my 6'6 in the front locker and it would not fit. I didnt check to see if anything was blocking it but I think its only 6 feet long!!!!!!!! Can anybody confirm the length. I have 4 kistlers I would like tucked away and not bouncing all over!

Mine swallowed 7 footers. I just kept the tips pressed against the hull on the inside of the locker as I slipped them forward. I had rod socks too. I also installed gas rods to keep them from slamming down on my rodtips when removing them.

fatrap

I've got a 96 170TF (same boat, just single console) and can get 7' rods in the rod box. I use rod socks so they don't get tangled up. I had my bow plate off the other day while cleaning the boat up and saw something sticking up toward the front of the boat that I didn't recognize right off the bat. I reached in and grabbed it and it was the tip of one of my 7' rods. You may have a "wall" on the front of the box or something else blocking it.

Latest posts

Back