Rod guiges

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric nichols

Reaction score
I've never used a rod with the micro-guides.....what are some advantages and disadvantages?

Thanks,

Eric

I believe the major advantage is weight. You wouldn't think it would make that much difference with that little of a change but it does. When they started making the new style of handles it decreased the weight on the back half of the balancing point, so they must decrease the weight on the front of the rod. Pick up a cheaper rod and you can feel the difference.

This is the only kind rods that I use now. The guides are not as touht as the bigger eyes but they helped me on my casting without backlashing. They are lighter and your line does not spin as bad with the mirco eyes. I use the BPS Johnny Morris Carbonlite Rods. They are great.

Be careful in freezing temps. I've never seen guides ice up so bad as the micro guides. Ice can chew line up pretty good. Otherwise, they're as good as any others I've used.

Latest posts

Back