Reel opinions

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Allen

Reaction score
I stopped by Bass Pro the other day and was looking at the baitcasting reels. I found one there that was a decent price and felt as smooth as silk. I wanted to get a few opinions before spending the cash though. It was a Pflueger Cetina baitcaster. Has anyone had any experience with these and what is your opinion? Thanks!

Scott

I've tried several different reels, not loyal to one brand until now. Hands down, the Shimano Curado is the best reel for the money. However, the price point is $179.99 which I can't afford in mass. I am upgrading one a year.

My favorite reel for under $100 is the Browning Midas. You can find them on sale at Bass Pro pretty regularly. I own 2 of them and still use them. Just my 2 cents.

I upgraded my reels over the past couple of months buying off ebay, and other boards. I picked up an old Curado and it is smooth. Most of what I bought are the Citica 200D reels, larger than the new 200E Citica, but they fit my hands fine. A buddy has the new Curado, and as Teri said they are sweet, but the price keeps me away for now.

I have four BP Extremes and two Pro Qualifiers... Very smooth so far ... Ebay can be a good soiurce of BPS reels.... New for about 70% of retail

Check with Glenn to see if he sold all of his that he had on the Swap and Sell. I bought 2 and were really nice reels.

I have a Like New Curado 200 bsf Bantom Super Free for sale..I have several..I think It was the best they evermade I will sell one for 110.00 Shipped. I paid 150.00 plus shipping..It's all there.. I now own the browning and It's a fantastic reel.I really like the browning reel and rods..I have alot of every make reel and Pretty much you get what you pay for,Sometimes you can get a great buy In the fall but not always...I have sold curados on e-bay and I always get over 100.00 for them.....JR

I will have some stuff for sale later on..I promised Carlos alot and after I am done going through the stuff I will list it here first..Baits and tackle...JR

The Cetina has a 9 bearing system and 7.1.1 retrieve which is in the ballpark of what I'm looking for. I need something to burn spinner and crankbaits. I've got two Shimanos (which I'm not enamoured with), an old (1977) Diawa and a Quantum. The last two I really like but they are slower retrieve ratios. I just really liked the feel of the Centina when I messed with it at BP.

Scott

Latest posts

Back