Recessed Foot Pedal

• Thread starter Scott McCubbins
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Has anyone here ever installed a recessed foot pedal tray for your trolling motor? I have a Tracker PT175, and was wondering if this can even be done for my boat. Also, for those of you who have them, what are the benefits? Thanks!

I did mine on my Ranger last spring....

Lots of benefits....no sore back, no tripping over it, etc....

You should be able to....I think someone on BBC did it. Not sure though.

My 750 came like this, I kinda miss being able to move my pedal around.....maybe it is just me. One thing, you do know where it is going to be...

Put one in my 170cd and love it! If you are looking to purchase one check ebay. I found one made of aircraft aluminum which is better in my opinion than plastic. The price was great too 69.99 not including shipping. If you are interested I can see who I got it from and let you know. Took me about 2 hours to install.:)

I installed one in my former Cajun bass boat. Worked extremely well, and was really easy to install. Hardest part was starting the cut. Measured a bunch of times, and checked everything under the deck before making the cut.

My Triton came with one. I would have installed one if it hadn't. Great invention / investment. My back thanks me for it.

Berry - You can fix that, you know... A small piece of plywood and 2x4 pieces, or some marine "star-board" material (synthetic), covered with some carpet, and you can fill in that hole. Some boats actually come with a "plug" from the factory that you can put in that recessed hole and use your trolling motor up top somewhere - loose if you desire.

Chris - I agree. I liked the aluminum ones better than the plastic option. With me putting weight on the trolling motor, I prefer metal under it. I always laugh when I see "aircraft" aluminum listed. I always wonder if the manufacturer can prove that it's "aircraft" aluminum, instead of "plain old build a boat part" aluminum. :lol: I also took about 2 hours to install mine. About an hour and a half of that time was double checking measurements and sweating that first cut. After I cut the carpet rectangle out, drilled a hole in one corner of the exposed deck, and started cutting, I was fine and finished in no time.

All the best,

Glenn

BEFORE you start cutting, make sure u see whats underneath the deck in the area where the foot pedal will go. I was going to put one on my TV18, but there is an aluminum deck support right through the spot. Needless to say, I don't have a recessed foot pedal.

I put one in my 2002 PT 175 and then helped a friend put one in his 2004 PT 175. We both love ours. We purchased ours from Pro Control. It is made of real heavy plastic. I weigh 265 and never had a problem. If you fish long days it is a back saver!!!! It will need to slip just up under the metal skirt on the very front of your deck. I called Tracker who checked their drawings and said it would fit and it did. Just use the old rule of measuring twice and cutting once. I will try to attach some photos to my library.

Hey guys. . . .appreciate all your comments. Photos and opinions are a big help. Looks like this will be my next project. :)

Cubby, I tried to email you several pictures of my finished job but the email address you have on file kicked back. I have placed two of the photos in my library if you care to take a look.

Pastor Rob

Hey Pastor Rob, saw the pictures in your library. Thanks for taking the time to post those. I really like the way that these look and will pursue this. I also updated my email, thanks for the heads-up.

Cubby

Yeah..that's the next upgrade for mine also. And yes on the 175's and 185's having plenty of room underneath the front deck. There's only a couple of braces behind that. Not as much support as we think on those rigs up front:blink:

I have been wanting to put one on my pro 160 for a while now. Anyone with experience with that model as well?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back