Ready for the Classic 2012

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Droke

Reaction score
Well just sitting here thinking that by this time (7:30A) next Saturday I will be wathching the day 2 launch on the Red River. This will be my firt time going and I can't wait till next weekend! Carrying my 8 yr. old daughter and her friend, plus my best fishing buddy. Anybody have any suggestions on one of those "if you go there you must eat at" places? Any tips on what to expect or do while there are appreciated greatly.

Oh yea, anybody else going this year?

Superior Bar and Grill is one of our favorites. I live in Texarkana but I dont like crowds,so I don't plan on going, that's what I like best about fishing. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice Glen. I will check it out, I'm not much on the crowds but I figured I need to go to at least one classic in my lifetime. My daughter is hoping to get an autograph from KVD, maybe she will get lucky!:D

Superior Bar and Grill is AWWWEESSOME!!!! Use to go there all the time when I was traveling to Shreveport on business. LOVED that place!!!:wub::rolleyes:

I'm going to the Classic too. Should be a lot of stuff to see and do not to mention the good food.

I'd like to ask somebody from this board who's going,..to make sure you take a pix of Brian Schram's BANNER hanging by his booth where he'll be selling his new "Rockin' Fish Tales III" CD.....he's a personal friend of mine and Mini. I did the artwork for his new CD..and he's also singing the National Anthem at the weigh-in on Sunday. Get some pix's for us!! :wub:

He also has his new Van wrapped with this image...it's cool as hell..pix's on my FB page if any of you are on there also.

Thanks!!

Mac

SchramCDFinalArt.jpg

Setting expectations. Finding the actual anglers that are fishing the Classic is going to be very, very tough. They are 'working', and have full days unless they get cut. However, all of them that don't make the cut will be at the show the next day (Sunday). Also, those that have not made the classic and won't be fishing - will be at the Classic 'Show' to support their sponsors.

So, plenty of opportunity to get autographs - but I wouldn't expect to be able to get within a stones through of anglers like KVD.

Best of luck. We enjoyed going when it was in Charlotte and we lived there.

Tex

Latest posts

Back