RE: Flooded bilge/Bob

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloudofbass

Reaction score

Had too cut/paste. I wanted to get this at the top of the list so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Flooded bilge/Bob by Cloudofbass, 9/20/2011 08:52 ET

Category - Plumbing: Livewells and Bilgepumps

UGH!!! During the storm at Lake Cypress Springs my bilge got flooded. The water line was at the top of all 3 batteries...about an inch away from the +/- post. I was always told it would be ok as long as it doesn't reach the post. Is this true? Another thing... the onboard charger was completly under water (Bass Pro Shops

If it is a similar one that I had (same basic problem), it is a 'sealed unit. I survived the first two times it happened to me. I left it for 2-3 weeks before trying to use it. Again, the first two times it survived.

The third time it bought the farm. When I replaced it, I then realized it is a completely sealed unit (i.e. all encased in a waterproof resin). The last time I plugged it back in, it blew the breaker repeatedly. I bought a new one (same model) and replaced it.

My situation was that on the occasions that I had the flooding, it was due to sitting in the driveway and the plug/drain getting stopped up with something and flooding the bilge. My fault entirely.

Tex

Change your preferences to show threads with most recent replies on top and then you won't have to cut and paste or make another post. All you do is post a reply on your original and it will move to the top.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back