Raymarine Dragonfly...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St Rich

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the Raymarine Dragonfly sonar/gps unit? I only seem to hear reviews from saltwater anglers and those who work for Raymarine. I have watched the you tube videos and seen them first hand in the store. It seems to be perfect for fishing under 300 ft and at lower speeds. The ease of use also seems to be a major advantage or other complicated units.

I am just curious if anyone here has actually had one out on the water? Any insight or reviews would would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Nobody? <<<Crickets>>>

I have read some comments stating that the GPS isn't accurate. Any insight there?

Well, I have the greenlight to go shopping for a new Fishfinder this weekend! Looking forward to the ice coming off the lakes so I can get back to it

To each his own, many like Lowrance and many like Humminbird and then there is others. I have never had Raymarine so really can't comment on those. Maybe someone else can, sorry I can't help out.

I did it. Ordered one of these new fangled Raymarine Dragonfly GPS/FF Combos. Went down and played with one and the ease of use is incredible! For what I need here in CO on lakes that are generally 80ft and less the simplicity and quality of the down imaging seems just right. Now I just have to wait until I can get the boat out of the barn when the ice is off the lakes. Should be in a few weeks, but CO weather changes as much and as frequently as Obamacare deadlines. Needless to say, once I get it installed (may have some questions then) and out on the water I will let Ya'll know my thoughts. I've got the Spring fever now! 30 degrees and snow this weekend should curb that though.

UPDATE: I got the boat out for the first time this season yesterday (the ice finally melted) and got to play with and configure my new Raymarine Dragonfly Sonar. This thing is cool!!! Very user friendly, the sonar works fantastic and the down imaging is like nothing I have ever seen. You can easily make out fish and even individual weeds on the lake floor. I was able to mark fish easily and brought a few nice 20+ inch trout into the boat. The lake I fish most is <60 ft deep and the Dragonfly seems well suited for shallower environments. It work well up to about 30mph. All in all, I am impressed.

Latest posts

Back