Rant

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cq

Reaction score
I hate to see Z6 and others sitting out uncovered all year long. All kinds of junk, (birds, leaves, squirls) you get my drift, and then "Well it is only 2 years old".

I wish I had the money that some have.

cq

I hear you! My boat is covered underneath the carport and the lawn tractor and 4-wheeler are in my shop. I'm not rich but I do take care of my tools.

Barry from La. :)

I just passed by a house where for the past 5+yrs I watched weeds grow up around a Nitro 190tf. Stopped and asked about it once thinkin maybe the powerhead was blown,nope. Finally its sitting out front with a for sale sign. You couldnt get me to buy that boat for much at all! Never covered and if that motor ran its hard to say what it does after all that neglect! Sad because it used to be a pretty boat.

I guess we're all different when it comes to caring for our boats. I keep my 2011 Z6 under a custom built boat port AND I keep a canvas cover on it. (for critters and such). Just 'cause I'm anal I also throw a tarp on the winch and tongue area. Like Barry I'm by no means "rich" - but I try my best to protect the boat from the elements.

Before I bought my 2011 Z7,I had a concrete slab poured,and a carport built,I also bought a cabellas best boat cover 200 + dollars,if you aint going to take care of them,you must not appreciate them.

Ya it is a shame. I got my 99 nitro185 from a fella in Memphis and it was not as well cared for. But I knew I could revive it and give it a great home it is now a happy Nitro living High on the Hog at Dale Hollow Lake. It is washed and waxed, covered and vacumned and Aeroed99 on the seats, Even though it is a Tracker Merc/alias Chryler Force 120Hp it runs like a scaled dog when I want it too. Purrs like a kitty when we troll for the walleyes. I'm like you guys I haven't a lot of money for toys so I have to take care of the ones I am able to get.:D

I have a 1995 and it is just now starting to show some age I got her in 1999 and have wore out 2 sets of tires on the trailer It was wiped down after getting out of the water and I always waxed it through the winter.Now that we have a new boat we have decided to leave it up at the lake through the summer so this is the first summer outside but its has the cover on it and hope by next summer to have a garage built up there for it to sit in and I will bring it home for the winter to sit in the shop. Yes you take care of a boat and it will last you several years.

I park mine in the garage. Fits with about an inch to spare. The Lady parks next to it and my truck is in the driveway. Makes for cold winter mornings, but my boat will last and look great for a long time.

Well I don't have room in the garage for the Black Pearl. Some of us have to make do and I would bet that the glass on my boat is in bettercondition than a lot who store inside, I just have to work harder at it. Sun is the killer. You have to keep it off!!

IMG-20130721-00177.jpg

I would be happy to "make do" with a Ranger boat! Nice set up! Looks about 6 feet longer than the Fowl Hooker parked in my garage.

Make no mistake. It is a ROYAL PITA after fishing all day, to get home and have to spend another hour, dripping with sweat, buttoning up the boat. I am very, very picky about how my gear looks so I do it. I am amazed at how much crap gathers even if the boat isn't parked under trees, etc. In winter, you have to make sure snow doesn't weigh down and rip the cover. I keep the tires coated with 303 and covered otherwise the sun would dry rot them. My NITRO sat in the same spot with 2 covers on it but unfortunately being used in the guide service, it got beat up pretty bad just from use. The gel was in need of a wetsand, the carpet was worn out and the seats were shredded from clients walking on them. When I took it to Florida, it sat exposed on a lift and the Florida sun was eating it alive. The Ranger will look showroom when I get ready to sell it.

Latest posts

Back