Question for Bob B.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Bradley

Reaction score
Hey Bob, just wanted to let you know you helped me tremendously with the Nitro Z-7, now i bought the new Pro Team 190 bass tracker with the mercury optimax 115. I have to agree with you, sweet motor, runs smooth, purrs actually, 48 mph gps, 52 mph speedo. One question: the nitro had hydraulic steering, could operate it with two fingers on the wheel, the pro team 190 as you know comes equipped with cable steering. It has alot of motor torque to the left,,, until i trim, then it smoothes out, but,, if i let any pressure off of the steering wheel it acts like its gonna spin out. Its very very touchy, also if i trim up to quick it acts like its gonna spin out, if i bump the trim little by little its fine but if i let any pressure off of that steering wheel, im afraid i might be upside down in the water... is this normal and something im gonna have to have a little more seat time with, and just get used to? when im at idle speed the steering wheel is upside down, when i trim out the steering wheel is straight??? Thanks so much for all your help. Fred

Latest posts

Back