Question for Bob B. or anyone else that can help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cris Ratzlaff

Reaction score
On a previous post I asked for some help on "propping" my 2000 200hp EFI merc (serial # OT149061) and at that time I said I was getting 5200 to 5400. Well I checked it out better today and I'm getting 5600 at WOT. I have a 23p trophy. We like to do alot of trolling and it works best to do it with my outboard motor. With the 200hp motor propped at 23p it is hard to go slow enough. Would I be able to go slower with a 21p prop? or wouldn't that make much difference. My motor sits around 800 to 1000 rpm's (just barely running) when we troll. Is it going to hurt my motor to do this to it? I don't want to have a big repair bill because I'm doing something that is hurting my motor!!!:blink::blink: Thanks for any and all replies!!!:)

CR

Let's see...

Yes....small difference, probably not enough to notice.

No, it won't hurt the motor.

YES, you could benefit from going down to a 21"....you'll see a couple extra hundred on the top end, better hole-shot, etc. Try to borrow one and try it first before buying....;)

Latest posts

Back