Quantum Accurist reels

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Cooke

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the help. It has been very useful. This board is the best! One more question though. How is the Quantum Accurist ACS reel? I'm considering the model 400 which is the original model. Also, do you recommend the 5:2.1 or 6:2.1 ratio? Thanks again and have a great day!

Gary -

I prefer the highest retrieve ratio available..... I feel that the rod should be used to fight the fish and the reel only used to take in and store the line. The faster it is able to take it in, the better. It's much easier to slow down the cranking than it is to speed it up!

me!

Ditto on what Scott said about ratio. I do not own an Accuritst, but my friend bought one last year and is very pleased. I used once, and thought it was very smooth. Quantum also supports their product warranties well.

One of our state team guys told me to use the slower ratio reel on crankbaits. Too fast and the bait isn't working at it's optimum depth. Don't know from personal use, 'cause all my baitcasters are 6.1:1. Oh well...

You can use a 6:1 reel for cranks as long as you slow your retrive down. Remember there are times for burning a lipless crankbait, and you cannot do that correctly with a 5:1.....

Mini

Good point Mini, to add to that, it depends what you want to use the reel for. If it will be primarily for spinerbait and buzz baits i'd go for the high ratio, but if your finessing you night not need it...start with the high and if you realize you need the slower one...you can always buy another reel !!!(that's my excuse)

the ACS are awesome. I own a few and have never had a problem they are smooth and reliable.

Pierre

Like Pierre, I like excuses to buy new stuff! Over the last two years, I've been on a hunt for the perfect rod/reel combo for each type of technique and presentation that I fish (skipped lunch today just to go to BPS and pick up the new Falcon Wacky Worm rod and Curado 100BSF).

As a general rule, I like to use the slower reel for most cranks and spinnerbaits (unless, like Mini said, I'm burnin' traps or SB's across flats). I like the faster retrieve reels when I'm pitchin/flippin so I can take up the slack line faster and not miss those first bites.

Adam,

Try an All Star next time...it will make you forget about Falscon. PLUS if you buy at BPS save your reciept.....LIFETIME WARRANTY agianst defects.....

Mini

I discovered Falcon rods about 2 years ago and thought the Silver series were a great value. Have since traded up to the Lowriders and a couple of Cara's without a single complaint.

Last week, though, Academy Sports had some All Star Classic CRC's for $45.00 that I couldn't pass up. Have always CR'd with a Falcon Lizard Dragger, but I'll definitely give this one a shot. I might tie some BIG tubes on it and give it a shot flippin' some heavy grass as well.

Latest posts

Back