Pump out switch

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Betty Smith

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what the pump out switch on our boat is for. Obviously to pump out water, but is it connected to the livewell or the bilge? The switch doesen't appear to be working. Next question is.....how to troubleshoot this one? Is it usually the switch itself or the pump or....? Oh, Johnny just stuck his head in the door and said to say it's not the bilge switch.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Betty Smith

Pump out switch is for livewell. If you overfill it or need it pumped out while on water. I use it alot when filling my weigh in bag. Mine will not work unless you reach in the livewell and slide out the nozzle that shoots water out. It recirculates when it is pushed in and it pumps out when pulled out. Maybe thats the case. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much! I read this post to my husband and it seems ours works as you described. We had started getting a little weary of all the "this and that's" that needed to be repaired on our "new to us" boat. It sure was nice to find something that didn't actually need to be repaired!:D

Latest posts

Back