PT 190 Dual Console

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason roberts

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new here and I have a Pro Team 190 and I would give my left n*t to have a port console for my boat. I know Tracker used to sell them and would love to get my hands on one! Me and my wife were out testing a new prop and at 68mph on the GPS, her mascara was running everywhere.:lol:

Buy her some good wrap around glasses!!:lol: That will be easier than finding a console. They are scarce as hen's teeth if I remember correctly. Post up the year of your rig and someone here will know.

TOXIC

What kind of power are you running to get 68 in a PT 190? I can only think you would have to get a custom made one for your boat.....

According to the "other" site...he's running a 150? on it!

If that's the case...look for it to fall apart soon. Only rated for a 135 and heard thru the grapevine that even that is pushing the limits of that tin.

If you want that kind of HP on a tin...you'd better be runnin' an Express;)

Nah..had her two years. Solid as a rock. There's not even 60lbs differance in the two motors. You would be amazed how much better it handles with the motor and feeling the differ between the motor swap, they are underpowered. Always had glass boats and none have ever handled this well. My dad even wants to get a new one to replace his Ranger.

Stinks about the console though.

If it's only rated by the USCG for a 135,....and it's gotta 150 on it,.....that could be a big problem if it's ever in an accident...he'll have liability suits coming out his bilge....not to mention the insurance companies "issues" with it,..like,.."Sorry,...we're not paying any damages...it was over-powered!!" Oh well....not saying it's not fun to drive,...but you're setting yourself up for HUGE legal problems if they ever rise!!:eek::blink:

I do keep an eye on the welds though. I have 4 welders in my shop including a tig. Welding is the easy part. I added an upper brace and 1/4" angle brace to the lower bolts and that is more than enough to hold the extra motor. Plus the 150 is not even 60lbs more the the 90.

As for legal probs. that's not even an issue here. There aren't many around who have the correct power on there boats. Any shop around here will put a larger motor than what is recomended.

Your external welds are not gonna be your problem...internal welds are.

And yes welding it is no problem...removing all the foam to have it done will be.

That thing has to be squirrley at top speed with no pad....

Actually TEE it handles awsome. It is def. more stable at 68 than my dads Ranger is at 57, and my last Javelin. I had a 3 blade first and had to trim down a lot in turns but after the 4 blade swap I cannot make it lose bite. My fishing buddy has a new 200 ProXS on his 18ft Nitro and loves the ride of my 190. Feels like a Caddilac at top end I guess because with the four blade and the motor having enough power to get the boat more out of the water. If you have ever installed a jackplate and felt the differance multiply that by 3 and you might be close.

Good luck and a little word of advice....although they are pretty tough boats, I'd take it easy over big wakes and heavy chop;)

There is some bracing under your seats that are not what you think it should be.

GreatLakesSkipper on Ebay has different Tracker port side consoles for sale that may fit with some modifications, but some have no boat fit info given other than some dimensions. There are a few of them, but you may be able to tell by the pics which one may work for you. I seen (3) that you may be able to do something with, one for an older TV18 but they are not cheap. Do a search for Tracker Console if your interested.

Latest posts

Back