Problems loading 175 Sport on trailer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Sutton2

Reaction score
What can I do to make my 2000 175 Sport Nitro load like 1989 Stratos 201 Pro as it was easy by myself. This Sport I am afraid to go fishing by myself as it is so hard to load.

My problem is my Stratos I could drive right up the trailer to the loop where the winch attaches. It seems with such a short boat and trailer the angle is never right and I struggle. The back end floats around or I do not have enough power to push it up on the trailer!

Any help would be appreciated.

It is the trailer that came with the boat.

Thanks

Bassman1969

Bassman1969, I have the 2001 175 Sport (75hp). Owned it since new and most of my fishing was always alone. I have launched/loaded almost exclusively by myself. I also have been on just about every kind of ramp from nearly flat/shallow to very steep/deep.

Here's what I do: set the trailer until water is at 3/4 of fender guides. These are the carpeted inside guides on the fenders. Trim the motor up as needed for water depth at back of trailer. Line her up and head on. I've always been able to power up to within a foot or so from the bow stop this way. Most often she goes to within inches. Either way it's an easy winch up tight.

All boats and trailers have individual traits. Your's may need some bunk slicks to help.

as your floating your boat off the trailer back it down untill the hull just barely floats.

this is how deep you need to put the bunks in the water when putting the boat on the trailer.

if you take note of this in the morning the afternoon should be a breeze.

Back