Problem solved - thanks for assistance

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Ramberger

Reaction score
Hi - thanks is advance for any assistance. Here is the story in a nutshell.

Have a 1997 Nitro 205sf with a Tracker Pro Series 56# thrust 12/24 volt motor.

Reinstalled batteries this year and a smaller ground wire popped loose. Trying to determine which battery it goes on.

Also, why does the black box send a pos and neg wire to my cranking battery? This is a curiosity question. It didn't seem to make a difference when I left them unhooked.

If anyone has any wiring diagrams or pictures, or advice Id greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance

Ed

Not sure about the wires you mention but here's a basic 24V diagram if it helps.
24voltbatterywiring.gif

Thanks, I understand that pic. This thing has a black box that goes to one of the batteries, then the bat cable runs from the black box all the way to the front plug.

The box also has a red and black going to my cranking battery, and two positives and a negative that go to the trolling batteries. Additionally it has a purple wire that runs up front somewhere that I haven't traced. Looking for info on this box ang hookup of the smaller gauge wires.

Would uploading a picture of it help?

Because it's a 12/24 tm and the 12/24 switch on the foot pedal won't carry the amps for the tm. It's a relay box.

BF

It turned out to be an old charger that ran off the main battery to thr trolling batterys