Primitive weapons season ... Saturday

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbstern

Reaction score
Plan to be in the tree stand at o-dark thirty, with my .45 M/L, hoping a deer will come along and stand pretty for me so I can turn it into venison.

Who else has deer hunting plans coming up?

go to Louisiana for another fishing trip in the marshes next Tues for a week (again).

Using your truck is cheating, Carlos picks em off with an outboard. :D

Installed the freezer at hunt camp a few days ago, weather is great but lower back is acting up, need to be on lake. Did take a few guns (modern and black powder) to sight in (shoot and make noise).

cq

I just got back from the Great Elk Walk of 2013. Saw Deer, Bear and every other animal that I didn't have a tag for. The only shots I took were at the bar during the Broncos game Sunday after the morning Elk Walk.

Got a buck this morning with my muzzleloader. My first.

buck2013.jpg

Thanks, guys. Was an exciting morning. Back breaking, too. Getting that dude out of the woods was a challenge...shot him in a valley, and he dropped right on the spot. Was kinda hoping he'd run halfway up a hill before dropping and make things a bit easier.

You would get a ticket for that one here in AR, they run a three point rule. Minimum of 3 points one side. But nice Buck!!!! Muzzle load starts Saturday.

cq

You would get a ticket for that one here in AR, they run a three point rule. Minimum of 3 points one side. But nice Buck!!!! Muzzle load starts Saturday.

cq
Here in Illinois if the State wasn't so broke they would probably pay a bounty... We have way too many deer and it keeps getting worse.

I am ready, but real hot here. It has been 80's this week. We open in 2 weeks.

Bubby

Nice little 4-pointer @rbstern! I want to go this year, just need a spot to hunt. Not really feeling the WMA's and would like to find some private land to hunt.

Latest posts

Back