PowerTeamLures

• Thread starter Gator B [URL]http://powerteamlures.com[/URL]
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gator B

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know about a new soft plastic company that makes high quality baits. The owner of this company has designed a very unique soft plastic called a Texas Rig Jig. It looks just like a jig but it's all soft plastic and you simply texas rig it. It's something that fish have not seen before and it has been catching a lot of bass and winning tournaments here in New Jersey and the surrounding area. There are several other baits that have a one of a kind action that are also helping to win tournaments. I have seen and heard about many anglers using these baits for the first time with great results. If you are looking for an edge to catch more fish please check out this company. Be some of the first to use these baits before this company goes big time!
http://powerteamlures.com

I'll have to pass on that one. I've got a lot of similar lures already in use that I can't see pulling myself away from. Yamamoto's Double Tail Hula Grub is my "go to" lure of choice when I want something resembling that lure.

Welcome to the site. First 5 of 6 posts about this lure... You must really like them! :lol: I don't know how you got ahold of them, unless you are on their pro-staff, as the website still says "Coming Soon!" when you click on it, and there is no price.

I checked out the site, and it looks like someone did a really good job putting it together. However, the "Texas Rig Jig" is nothing new or groundbreaking. It's basically a spider jig or spider grub variant. Been around for many, many years, and although it has specific fishing purposes (which I do use), it's not a replacement for a regular jig.

Hope you enjoy them! And again - welcome to the site.

All the best,

Glenn

Which tournaments have been won with this lure?

Can you provide some links?

MMMMMMMMM.............

spam.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Glenn, I guess I jumped the gun with the texas rig jig as far as availability. They quickly sold out of the baits that they had and are getting some more in very soon. I know that I'm new here and it's hard to believe someone you know nothing about. I just can't help but talk about these baits because I'm very excited about them.

The texas rig jig is much different from a hula tail grub. It is bulkier and designed more for flipping/pitching into heavy cover (you can also place it on a football head jig). When it hits bottom the craw goes up in a defensive position and the claws go back and then forward again. It won't replace a jig but it's less prone to snagging like a jig. The smaller bait called the "Crawdourve" also goes up into a defensive position and is deadly on a drop shot....the smallies love them too! Some guys are replacing their roboworms with the "finicky tickler" finesse worms. The worm is catching a ton of fish when fished on a drop shot or a shakey head.

You just have to see the action on these baits. If you fish heavily pressured waters, like in NJ, having something like these baits helps to present something different because of the subtle action of all the baits available (worms, creatures,lizards,etc.)

I'm not asking anyone to replace their baits(although I know some guys that have). Just giving a link so you guys can check out something new.

Ken, most of the tournaments have been club tournaments, buddy tounaments, ABA, and FOM tournaments. The links would not help any.

Not Spam Dan. I just found this site because I was thinking about buying a TV-18. Just trying to let people know about something I feel will help them catch fish.

No offense intended (hence the smileys), but when a new and unknown poster makes the first five of six posts about a "new soft plastic company that makes high quality baits", one tends to wonder on intent. Just sayin'..... Good luck with the boat and the baits. ;)

I hear ya Dan. Duplicated posts instead of editing :wacko:

LOL

Im from jersey and preaty much own the whole line of PTL. They are the real deal and you will be hearing alot more about these baits after icast. PTL may be sold out but precision tackle is the only tackle shop in the nation with a full stock check em out...

http://pttackle.com/

Latest posts

Back