Power Poles

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirForce

Reaction score
I tell you guys, I would have never thought of even paying that much money for a power pole/talon. I can always do the 6 month payment plan but what changed my mind was fishing in Louisiana marshes last week with a guide who had one on his 22 ft center console. I currently use the cajun anchors (6ft stainless steel pole with rope) but it works on me physically if I'm fishing alone and after talking to the wife about it and how easily it deployed and some of the pitfalls of them, I think I'll get one in time for next time I go in April/May.

The guide said I can easily find the 8ft models in southern Louisiana as most of the guys are going for the 10ft models now but I either seen or heard of 12ft models. The remote I like very much although you gotta remember to pull up before you decide to move. Also thinking of getting a saltwater trolling motor even though I have a new wireless powerdrive v2 TM. Or use it and then change it out if it craps out. I know to rinse my boat off very well after launching down there but I LOVE marsh/saltwater fishing and wished I could win a lottery and buy a camp down there.

So it appears the Talon to me has the edge after some reviews of pros/cons but I'm still on the fence between the two and the length. 2 more feet adds hundreds of bucks. Also would you guys have it professionally installed or do it yourself. I'm leaning a lot to doing it myself. Reason, most of these so called professional installers (who probably never installed one before in my area) probably use kids anyways, plus I feel I know my boat better than they do and I can insure of the quality of my work (or who helps me).

What have you read that gives Talon the edge? My reading has been a little different. Carlos has 2 poles on their way from Michigan and he mounted the brackets. Got to see them this weekend.

Gotta agree, I just gone back to refresh my memory yesterday after looking over prices. The only difference between one set of power poles was 5 shots of power coating at a tune of $300 for the difference. I'll go to bass pro ONLY because I can get the 6 month payment plan from them. So I'll wait until spring to go for it.

Latest posts

Back