Power Pole or Talon an a Z-6

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dick Durbin

Reaction score
In the next several months I will be buying a new Z-6. I plan to have either a Power Pole or a Talon installed on it and was wondering if any of you have any experience with either product on a Z-6

Go down the forum and look at the pictures that I sent Doug. It is called Z-7 or 190TX by Doug. Read the results of replys and you will see how I like mine.

Daddy Don, does the Talon drag in the water much when you take off?

No you set it up just above the water line. It does not interfer with you fishing from the back either. The reason I went with is was I did not want to pu HYD in the back of the boat.

Another plus for the Talon is the new bracket that allows you to fold down the arm for putting the boat in your garage. Some Power Pole owners are buying the bracket for their units as well. I am waiting to hear how the "drift paddle" or whatever it is called works. I absolutely despise dealing with drift socks:lol: but when you need them, you need them!!

Almost every person that had/had Talon's that I know and is not sponsored by MinnKota has replaced them with PowerPoles. That says volumes.

I have a Z6 with a power pole and love it. Order from hydrillagear.com and you will save money. BUT.... order your bracket from power pole directly(call them) the bracket is a special bracket for the Z6 and mine took 2 months to get in. I installed mine myself, very easy install. There is a video on youtube(powerpole blade install) that i a very informative video even if your not installing a blade, they install the same. I installed a 8 foot sportsman2

627sm.jpg
[/url][/img]

obd22.jpg
[/url][/img]

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/obd22

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/627sm

No! Why? I have drift socks (note 2) that can be adjusted and placed where needed. The paddles wont be able to do what drift socks can. It would be nice to not have socks get in the way, but I have managed this long.....

besides I dont use drift socks much with the Ranger (its underwater most of the time...lol) and the paddles look to be a pain to store.

Latest posts

Back