Power Pole on Z-9

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Page

Reaction score
I am looking to add a power pole to a 2010 Z-9, and had some questions. I am wondering on which side would best? Will the brackets from hydrilla gear still leave the boarding ladder funtional? What is the best way to run the hoses? If any one has some pics of their install that would be GREAT. The way I see it my space for the pump to go is on the port side, the oil resivoir is on the starboard side. If mounted on the starboard side should I drill holes in fiberglass to run the hoses by the charger plug, or mount it on the port side are they flexible enough to route them through the wire harness from the motor and back over to the port side. Sorry about all the questions just want it to look and be right.

Thanks In Advance,

Mike

I had the same questions. I have a 2011 Z6 not a Z9 and just put a pole on mine but i can tell you that i did not drill an holes for the hoses. i ran them to the pump through the wire harness. the Z9 should have a jack plate and a shorter bracket than a Z6 so you should have no problem still using the ladder. if you adding just one pole i would add it the driver side so when you do use your ladder people are not pulling on the pole (or hoses) .. you can "youtube" power pole blade install and tackle warehouse does a great video and so does wired2fish and one video they drill holes for the hoses and the other video they do not. i did not when i did mine. the install is really easy since they are wireless now. i mounted my pump next to the crankin battery but i dont know what kind of room you have in a Z9. Be sure after you install it to check the bolts on pole where it connects to the mounting bracket , mine were loose, also would be a great time to check your transom bolts too , mine were loose. I dont have any pics but those videos are great and dont sweat it , the install IS easy, the hardest part is mounting the pump.Good Luck

Thanks Greg, I ordered it from Hydrilla Gear. Pretty much summed it up in your description and talking to Rich @ Hydrilla. Seams like a pretty easy installl, thanks for your input..Mike

Latest posts

Back