Potomac tourney results

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mebassn

Reaction score
Well, first I'd like to thank those who chipped in and gave a little advice about the river. Well, I did win with 13.64lbs on 5 fish. Also had lunker for 4.2lbs. The day didn't start well, the trolling motor cord snapped while I was parking the boat after the launch, but was able to semi fix it to get to the first hole. I started out in Quantico Creek on the left side at the lay downs... got 2 on a zoom toad (trolling motor cord broke again). Then nothing for the next 5 hrs. I went to the mouth of the creek and nothing... went to the mouth of chickemuxen (sp) nothing, back to Quantico creek... nothing, then I went south of the base and north of the flats area and again nothing. Finally I said I'm going to Mattawomen and fish the deeper weeds at the mouth and it payed off with 1 4.2 and another around the same size just a bit smaller and finally rounded it out with a 1.8 to make it to a limit. The big fish were caught on Net Baits Paca Craws in Green Pumpkin with a 3/4oz Florida rigged weight, popping the lure to make some action helped a lot. water temp was also 79-82 all over the river.

Thanks again for all those who gave some advice.:D

Eric

Screw locked bullet weight. They sell them in "Florida Rigged" bag

Latest posts

Back