Pork Rind Jar Lids

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duart Betz

Reaction score
I was trying to wrestle the caps off the Uncle Josh pork rind jars when I thought of using the small size Craftsman strap wrench to remove them. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the lid from sticking?

Use them more often...LOL

All I do is make sure I clean the sealing area befoe I close them. I have never had one I couldn't open. Some are pretty tight, but they have all come open.

John

"Pesci O Morire"

Rub a little vaseline around the inside of the lid on the threads,....that'll keep'em from getting salty and corroded....they open MUCH easier!!

If you use LOTS of pork, take them out of the Josh bottles and but them in a small peanut butter jar. The small econo size will hold about 20-25 pork rinds and never seize up. That is of course, if you use a lot!

Rob

I've heard storing them upside down helps with this. My solution? Keep the ChanneLocks handy :)

Jim

Usually a vigorous shaking prior to opening does the job. The shaking stirs up/breaks loose CO2 creating a slight increase in internal pressure allowing an easier opening. Good Luck!

I use tupperware for my pork....never rusts and is leakproof....

Mini

Wow, thanks for all the great suggestions. I like Mini's idea. Everytime I open the kitchen cabinet, I get beaned by a barrage of tupperware. I don't think she'll miss a few containers.

Don't underestimate the Females ability to know that one Tupperware is missing from the cabinet. They have that ESP about them Tupperware.

It's almost as good as the ability to bring back during an argument, every stupid thing you ever did in your life..;0)

John

"Pesci O Morire"

Latest posts

Back