POLL: What attractant is the best

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott lewis

Reaction score
I have used Kick n Bsss - Messy

Yum _ not so Messy

and a couple other oil base products

Whats the best

and best applicator method

Smelly Jelly/Sticky Liquid. I use them more for crappie than bass but will on occasion use them for all species.

TOXIC

MegaStrike is my newest favorite... I still have plenty of KnB around, and the green yum stuff you get at walmart.

In that order.

and, FWIW...

I don't consider any of them to be an "attractant"...

I want two things out of them...

A flavor the fish will atleast "think" is edible and therefore hold onto the bait longer...

A coverup for any odors I might present on the bait. (that would cause the fish to reject it quicker).

Not everytime, but often I notice I get a strike on the first cast after I squirt on some Kick N'Bass and never notice anything one way or the other with Bang. I think it (K N'B)is less messy than the spray in the wind method as well. It's also very difficult to wash off your hands too, which is a good thing in my opinion.

Harpo

I like Kick'nBass as well. I'll take Garlic over any other scent/flavor. If you'll squirt the knb in the bag with the baits, it covers well. You'll still get some on your hands as you put the bait on the hook, but it covers my scent (and that's always a plus :) ).

I like Kick-N-Bass, and have solved most of the messy problem, but not all.

I'm using Megastrike now, and really like it alot.

Tex

Bang: garlic, craw, and shad.

Then on my jigs, Baitmate, it's chartreuse in color, has sparkles that resemble scales and is anisoil scented. Have great confidence in that one.

"Stick" with WD-40...you can't go wrong!!!

LOL

I know many that use it...I personally have not...

My favorite is Chompers Spray...you talk about GARLIC! Whew!

I've only ever seen it for sale in one place - Galyans...

az

I use Bang spray in garlic, craw and anise. I also use smelly jelly in bass feast and anise, the smelly jelley lasts longer but sometimes the fish just like the bang better. The jelley also stinks real bad and once its on you you smell very bad for the day. I tried KNB as well but has zero luck with it, i mean not a single fish.

"LockJaw"... sounds like the exact opposite of what you want!

now, I'll have to check that out....

I have read that Preparation H makes a good attractant because it is made from shark oil. I myself have never tried it.

Rich D

I've tried it but not for fishing. LOL. I've also heard that garlic flavored Pam spray cooking oil works good. Has anybody tried Pam?

Harpo

simnitro, When your reelin them in thats exactly what you want. Lockjaw is awesome, and doesn't make a mess like a spray. I have fought fish right to the boat just to have them open there mouth and let go when they saw me. (I must not be pretty). Only takes a few drops and stays on any lure for a good while

Sooner...

I used to have a girlfriend named Pam...

Does that count for trying Pam?

az

Bacon... Put a slice of raw bacon in a bag and the plastics you want to use that day.. Then shake and bake.. Please don't forget to remove it from your tackle bag at the end of the day though.. After a week or so it makes great catfish/carp baits..

BF

BMCD,

Where to get information on it? Can't seem to find any links or info...

Hey Simmy...I use Kick-n-Bass(good) and Real Craw paste(better) on my Cranks at Dale in the Spring...works great. Either one really. I've found when your poundin' a point with a crankbait and after the third or fourth cast to the same area...and WHAM! It makes ya' wonder whether or not it doesn't chum the area to an extent and draws em'in. Don't have anything to back it but, can say ,"It works for me"!

I think some guys get too hung up on different brands of attractants but, think it's somewhat of a confidence thing like colors and whatnot.

TEE

Sim,

I guess his website is not up yet. You can email him for a catalog of his stuff. He got some perch colored spinner baits that are really good, and a line of rods that are that are supposively really nice along with the Lok-Jaw juice. Haven't had a chance to try one of his rods yet, but have heard good things about them. His name is Bill Murphy

Outcast Lures

[email protected]

Or i could send you some lok jaw juice.

Bryan

I sent him an e-mail...

Thanks!

Tee...

I think much of it is a confidence thing, as well as what the fish "get used to"... which is why I think MegaStrike is "hot" right now, at least for me.

I don't know if it is "chuming the area" or not, But I do know you can "wake up" the feeding instincts in fish by repeatedly offereing items... Once one reacts it often starts a frenzy by other fish in the area. I have seen this numerous times in the tank, and I think it explains alot...

Never give up! Never Surrender!

Amen...I would sure like to get down there this weekend...got Monday and Tuesday off! You ready?

TEE

Sooner-

No, but then again she wasn't Italian either...

LOL

az

The stuff that makes your hands smell like craw is the best.....Jacks Juice for me

T.S.

Latest posts

Back