pmgoffjr i have a question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
I wanted your opinion on my setup. As you may have read on the nx 750 performance thread my 882 is running a solid 62mph. That is with a full tournay load, half a tank of gas and just me in the boat. With the prop im turning ( 23 tempest repitched and worked into a 24) and the rpm my tack tells me im running about 8% slip. Now i either have one of two things going on from what i can see. Either i really have the setup nailed(i think i do for the most part) to get that low 8% number or my tach is lieing to me and im really turning closer to 6000 rpm not the 5600rpm it shows me(i think that may be as well). I think i have this boat setup pretty well to get thge speeds im getting with a heavy load and still run like it does. Any thoughts? and should i replace the tach os there any other way to make sure its accurate?

Thanks.

Is there any way i can check the tach without having to take it somewhere or just flat out replace it?

I was thinking about that splash guard you are taking about but i dont think i can fit one on my plate. My plate is an older style 8" plate that nitro puts on them and the bottom is already closed up. My holeshot is pretty good with the wells full now. I think the prop work helped and it has actually gotten better since i raised the motor from 3" below the pad to 2" below

Is it the downward bend they put on the plate that helps or just covering the hole? like i said mine is already sealed but if its the bend i can just make one myself. I have my fathers entire machine shop at my disposal. My holeshot it good right now but if soemthing that simple will improve it i have to give it a try.

I have an old autometer tach i pulled from my old drag car, i wonder if i can hook that up temporary, it will do a 6 cyl. i will check into that before i buy a new tach.

Back