Plano Did Right By Me

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
I have an older Plano tackle box that holds three of those medium sized tray boxes and two of the small utility tray boxes. The front panels that hold the trays in had lost the tabs that lock the panels in place snapped off (probably because of age and use). Figuring it was worth a few bucks to buy replacement panels, I went on Plano's website to order new panels. Couldn't find a place to purchase so I filled out one of those forms to have some in customer service get back to you. I figured it would be three/four days. Instead, about five MINUTES later, an e-mail popped up in my inbox. Bad news - they don't sell the replacement panels. GREAT news - give them my address and FREE replacements would be on the way. Sure enough, less than a week later, I get a package with two new panels. THANK YOU PLANO!!

I love this story in that not only did Plano provide me with the replacement parts that I would have gladly paid for, they responded so darned quickly. I recently had a similar experience with Humminbird (replacing some end caps off of a 565 mount). Who says customer service is dead? At least it's alive and kickin' at these two American companies! Thanks again Plano!! :wub:

By contrast, I won't talk about my Kenmore freezer where I just paid $70 to have a service tech tell me the compressor died and it would cost more to replace the broken part than buy a new freezer! :angry:

I love hearing great customer service stories. Too many companies don't take advantage of getting a customer for life by going out of their way just a little.

I agree with dchance. I love great customer service stories. I will definately consider plano and humminbird when I'm in the market for new stuff.

Thanks for sharing!

whew...had to correct my humminbird spelling error before Greg saw it :lol:

Latest posts

Back