Pierre, a question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich D

Reaction score
Pierre,

I understand that drop-shotting is illegal in some US states. Any regs against it in Ontario?

Thanks,

Rich D

It's illegal in Michigan...

Supposedly looks too much like a "snagging rig" for the DNR.

az

So let me get this straight. Putting a weight on the end of a fishing line and hanging a hook on it, is illegal in Michigan?

Boy, I bet the DNR folks really don't like spinner baits, buzzbaits and jigs. Oh, and what about crank baits. All those hooks being pulled through the water trying to snag ol' bucketmouth.

Next thing will be that you can go fishing, you just can't go catching!

Off my soapbox now. Stepping down.

Texas (the state) did it right!

"Start yer own country. Make yer own rules!"

Not only that but we can't use anything bigger than a 2 hook or heavier than 1oz. total weight in most streams and rivers after August 1st!!!

Sounds like it's time to move to NY there Kenny ole boy. No such silly laws on Champlain.

Yeah, no kidding....I'd just have to deal with you back-boating and fishing all my stuff!!!

I'm with Tex on this one, that is WEIRD and crazy to outlaw a specific technique of fishing. OK, I could buy trot lines and non-baited hooks trying to snag a fish. BUT a setup where you just have the hook ABOVE the weight being illegal, you Michigan folks realy voted in some STRANGE folks! Not that Georgia is much better, though our stupid laws typically just cover sex, liquor (none on Sunday unless you DRIVE to a resturant and back) and overzealous zoning (though better than Houston, the LARGEST un-zoned city in the country - but atleast their FISHING is great!!)

Trep,

Come to PA and try to by alcohol. For beer and wine coolers, you have to go to a beer distributor, none is sold in convenience or grocery stores and none on Sunday. For wine or liquor, you have to go to a state run liquor store. If you are a wine collector, the only way you can legally order out of state wine is to have it shipped to the liquor store, with a qty limit, and pay and pick it up there.

Rich D

Thanks for the info Pierre!!!

or fish for trout pay an extra $5!!next year $10!!

fish in stocked waters before bass season,need a stupid triout stamp even though its catch and release season for bass!!after bass opens,no stamp needed?stupid law!!

hey in Ontario we buy our beer and liquor the same way...In quebec they have it in convinience stores. If you want to fish for trout in some lakes in Quebec you have to pay for the liscence plus a daily lake pass at around 16$...

You guys are getting off cheap...

Michigan license $13.00

Michigan "trout/salmon license" $13.00

The paper the license is printed on $1.00

...and these are the "resident" prices...

az

Yeah,...and then toss in the Ontario and the Walpole Indian license for those of us who fish 'Clair...

I spend over $100/yr JUST on licenses!!....and now we're "supposed" to get a I-68 form from INS to legally get back into the US waters when we run over to fish Canadian water.....that's another $16.....

Now toss in yearly launch passes,..... and gas and oil......Geez.....we're up into 3 figures and we haven't even launched the boat yet!!!...ahahahahh....this sport is NOT cheap!!!

Mac.

Not so cheap and relaxing is it? How about USCG capt license, NY AND VT guide license plus non residents, yada, yada. When Ken and Mac are in office, all this nonsense will cease, so go to your poles in NOV and VOTE darn it! LOL

OK Rob - Tell me AGAIN why it SUCKS being south and fishing 12 months a year!!! HAAAAA

And I was going to complain that they raised the daily ramp fee at Corp lakes from $2-$3, though the $24/year pass has not yet gone up, and all the lakes I fish are Corp ramps!

I tell you, one of the way's I convinced my wife to get the boat and fish instead of golf, was that Golf would cost me $50-60/per 18holes (greefee and cart) but once I bought the boat and we paid the $24/year on the corp ramp pass nothing to spend each trip except Gas (and that 40 Merc just sips the stuff!). Harder sell if I was up north!

Y'know why it sucks down there??....cuz it takes you guys 12mos. to catch what we get in 6 mos up here!! HAAA and I won't even mention the super-toad smallies that yank our chains .......no need to rub it in!! LOL

YEAH! What Mac said! LOL Get 'em Mac. Us yankees can do twice the fishing in half the time! LOL J/K

Yeah, but you are forgetting to factor in the time it takes to re-train you guys up there every year! Only in Yankee land would they go fishing for bass, and then brag about catching TOADS :)!

And for that ice thing. In the South, ice is something that we put in our 'beverages', to cool off with.

Hey Mac - You might get more fish if you used fishing LINE instead of CHAINS!!! - "that yank our chains".

Tell ya what, and this is from an ex-yankee, if I win the lottery (I know gotta play first) i'm buying a place in the bush country in Ontario for my summers - Walleye, Pike and HUGE Smallmouths!, and a place on the Gulf Coast for the winter - Largemouth Bass in the fresh water and everything else in the saltwater!!. Of course this means 2 houses and ATLEAST 3 boats - 911 for Bassfishing, Nitro Bay2100 for the saltwater, and a TV-18 for Canada!!!

OK, enough dreaming now back to work...

That was no mistake on my part.........7lb smallies do require chains to bring them in!!..Right Bob??!!

Latest posts

Back