Parts for Garcia - Mitchell reel

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Burnette

Reaction score
Anyone know of a parts supplier for and old garcia-mitchell 307? Thanks, Rick

Rick -

I know St. Louis is a long way off..... But, since no one else has answered; we have a shop called Paul's Bait & Tackle that has had EVERYTHING I have ever needed for a reel..... They will mail parts. Phone is 314-773-6221.

me!

Try http://www.southwesternparts.com. They are an authorized Mitchell repair center.

Rich D

Try our Springfield headquarters at 1-800-227-7776(1-800-BASS PRO)and ask for the reel repair dept.(Formerly Metro Rod and Reel) We stock parts and do repairs for every mfg. as a warranty repair facility. Call and describe your reel, what you need done, and an estimate should be given to you right then. They will also tell you how and where to ship it. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

P.S. Paul's is also a great choice. I think they're on Chippewa just out of downtown. Great people and a warranty center for most reels.

Hey, Dan..... How does someone way down in Atlanta know about Paul's? Did you at one time live in St. Louis?

I grew up outside Glen Carbon on the Edwardsville/Collinsville border...15 years ago. My sister and my aunt still live in the area. Paul's has been around for a while. It's a great shop with good folks.

Interesting..... I just moved to Glen Carbon a month and a half ago; just east of 159 off of Cottonwood. Lived on the other side of the river for the previous 40 years..... And been going to Paul's almost that long!

me!

I grew up a couple of miles from Paul's, and even rode my bike there once in a while when I was a kid. They seemed awefully expensive as a kid. I don't think they wanted kids in there very much, 'cause I never felt very welcomed. I never had more than a dollar or two to spend, and they probably had problems with kids stealing things.

I do remember that they had just about everything that you would ever want, especially in their reels and equipment repair. The place was small and cramped, but they had a little of everything. I once bought a cheap rod blank, handle, and guides. Poorly built the rod, and I think it lasted about half a season.

I think I still have the handle somewhere.

The place is STILL small and cramped! But they do have EVERYTHING and the ladies who run it sure do know their stuff!!

I was in there on Monday to get some springs for that Daiwa reel I tried to clean by myself..... Since the patient may not recover from the operation - I thought that it might be a good excuse to "think" about buying a replacement. I don't know about the rest of you, but, for me, "thinking" usually means "buying". Their prices were right in line with any of the retailers or catalogs. Hm-m-m-m..... One Calcutta 151 or TWO Spirex 500's.......

me!

The folks who own Paul's are members of my church! It's a well-stocked store for its size. Considering the gas and time it takes to drive to St. Charles, I figure I come out about even by shopping at Paul's. They also do great trolling motor repair work.

And about kids being in the store, the daughters have been foster care parents for several babies.

Rick, I would second them as a source for parts and repairs.

I like small shops like Paul's, and Hargrove's fly fishing shop on Watson!

Oops, Hargrove's is on Manchester, west of Big Bend.

Mark -

I was in Hargrove's the week he openned it.

And used to shop at Feathercraft when they were only open on Saturdays in a tiny little storage room on St. Charles Rock Road that they ran a mail order business from.

me!

"OOPSMAN"?

Sounds like someone who's had LOTS of experience buying replacement parts!

:^)

me!

John R. -

Didn't bother me..... But you've been banned from the shop!

OOPSMAN is a LOT better than . . . . .

"Ah,Crap!"MAN

John,

Didn't bother me either. That's the main complaint about the store - prices. The selection and services are top-notch for a ma and pa shop, but they run the place to make a living. My brother-in-law worked there for awhile.

Hmmm....I wonder if they stock...... OOps! I forgot, I'm not going to mention those things again!

Latest posts

Back