painting and decals

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black crappie

Reaction score
i bought a 1996 nitro 884 savage the hood for the motor is silver i want to paint it black like the origanal and i also need decals. I need some info thanks

Welcome aboard. I'm the guy you talked to today at BPS. Somebody will know.

Mercury Phantom Black is the black paint on the cowl. (Or you can use standard black imron if you want a two part paint finish. Matches perfect.) Any Merc dealer should have aerosols or cans for airbrush use. Good luck! ;)

Oh, and you'll probably want to go aftermarket on decals. As Tox said Darryl at Iguana Graphics in Miami, FL would be a reasonably priced supplier for exact or custom decals. When you get the dealer price on them, make sure someone is with you to pick you up off the floor. :eek::lol:;)

Welcome aboard! :D

so u guys think i can repaint my hood? do i need two sand it or primer it? What is the number to the decal place in florida? Thanks guys form all your help i really like this nitro oldy but a goody

Yes you can repaint it. One of my friends redid his cowl custom. He look off the peeling decals and did a very light sanding until it was smooth as glass. He then painted it Merc Black and added some very neat white striping and had some custom decals made locally and very quckly. MUCH CHEAPER THAN THE ORIGINALS FROM NITRO!!!!

It came out great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy!

Latest posts

Back