Owners Manual for 1999 700 lx

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe DiLorenzo

Reaction score
Just purchased this boat and it didn't come with any manuals. I called Nitro and they said there wasn't a manual available for a boat that old. Anyone else have any ideas on how to get one? Thanks.

Joe

Joe - I've got a '99 700lx and have all the original material, there really isn't a manual as you would expect it. I'm looking through the 2 manuals right now : 1) is the Nitro owners manual which really is 75% generic boating/trailering safety, 20% generic boat operations (livewell, guages... but again pretty generic as the livewells in the 700lx is completely different then in the 901 but same manual I believe) and 5% warranties. Everything you really need to know is online or available from folks on this site who run the boats. Since a lot of the major components are OEM sourced you can go to the manufacturers sites/info for instance on the flow through trailer bearings, bildge pumps...

The other manual is the Mercury Operations/Maintenance manual for the 75-90-100-115-125 motors, again all is available online through Mercury Marine site.

What i've found in 4 years of owning my '99 Nitro, i've never gone to the manual, i've gone online or asked on this site and got the right answer!!

Trep

Joe, What Trep said! I have a 1998 700 LX and have all the original manuals and yes you will get more useful information here. If I can answer anything for you let me know. Beck

Ok, so when I bought the boat the guy was going through everything pretty fast. The switches on the left of the steering console are the bilge (top) and the livewell (bottom) correct?

Is the bilge automatic when turned on or does it need to be shut off when bilge is empty?

What do the three positions on the livewell switch?

One more, it has a guest battery switch (can't find the manual online) and I'm not exactly sure how to operate that. Any help on that would be appreciated.

Sorry for the rookie questions but this is my first real boat. It's been nothing but a john boat and 20hp motor up to this point.

Thanks for all the help so far and in the future.

Joe

Joe,

I think you are correct on the bilge top and livewell bottom orientation. Turn one on and listen for which one runs. This is a good idea anyway to check if they work. You can run them very briefly without being in the water with no damage. The stock bilge is not automatic and must be turned on/off. The livewell switch has three positions, manual/off/automatic. The guest battery switch is an add on and I assume it is to switch from one battery to another? I hope this helps.

Joe,

Is the bilge automatic when turned on or does it need to be shut off when bilge is empty? Manual, IF you see water in the bildge, its raining hard or you have watched water come over the transom/rear deck coming off plane or with waves, turn the Bildge on, and it will pump out the side behind the drivers' seat, but you WILL need to watch it and turn it off, or you'll burn out the pump. I only use mine in heavy rain, or when a lot of waves/rough water.

What do the three positions on the livewell switch? Beck's right - manual/off/automatic - Manual is a constant ON pumping water FROM the lake into the livewell, you put this on when you are initially filling the live well, watch it as it fills and when it get to the top/overflow (look inside you'll see the overflow on one side under the lid/side), then turn it off. Off is just that. Automatic runs the aerator, it recirculates the water already IN the livewll and thus provides oxygen for the fishies. When I fish in the heat of summer, I fill the livewell (Manual) with the first fish, then flip it to Automatic so that ever 3 minutes it turns on the aerator, and then about ever hour I flip it back to Manual for a while to get new/fresh water into the livewell.

One more, it has a guest battery switch (can't find the manual online) and I'm not exactly sure how to operate that. Any help on that would be appreciated. Like Beka haven't seen one of those, I have a guest charger on my boat (only 1 i'll ever have) but it just plugs into the extension cord and no switch...mmmm...

Hope this helps

Now lets see some pictures!

Latest posts

Back