Opinion

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
OK, since there seems to be a question as to whether Mac's boat is "Fugly":lol::lol: I though we should put it to a vote.....Remember now we are rating the boat, not the driver!!:lol::lol: I like the color but I go for non-traditional colors. I am looking at Ranger that is gold/tan. My NITRO was Black, 2 shades of gold and silver pins. I know Carlos doesn't like red boats and Mini's boat is starting to look like the Lunar Rover with a little New Orleans brothel thrown in (red/maroon carpet) Neeley's boat is the white bread version. And yes I know if it floats and gets you on the water it's all good but this is about preference and if Mac's floatin antique is "Fugly":p

Fishing 016sm.jpg

TOXIC

LOL!!! This oughta be a good thread Tox!! We'll have to vote on your plaid skirt next!!

Now,...let's have another view...:rolleyes:

DSCN0315.jpg

I like it. I would have preferred a white bottom to that khaki color, but I think those two colors still go well together. Looks to be in superb shape. Not fugly. Different, but not fugly.

All the best,

Glenn

PS,..more pix's in my library...and don't worry about offending me if you don't like it!! LOL (Remember,..it's a '94...and for being 17 years old...it's in damn GOOD shape!!):cool:

Looks fine to me. My boat is 12 yrs old, only new thing in it is the bow GPS. My bro-in-law has a 95 model Champion that looks and runs like a new one. Yours is in fine shape.

Eric

Ill echo what Glenn said, i was thinking the same exact thing.

The two biggest thinfs he has going for it, he has the right thing pushing it and pulling it... :lol:

I'd like the butternut squash color to be either black or white. Having said that, it's a great looking rig.

So Mac, should we now refer to your boat as the 'Butternut Bass Boat'?

Tex

Beautiful rig Mac! Those were the golden years (mid 90's) at Champion when some of the best bass boats built saw the marketplace. Yours looks like a gem! I've had several hulls in a duck/tan bottom over the years. I prefer neutral colors above the fish. (cream, tan, white) I live on, and like Mac, fish primarily clear waters and the less flashy or brighter the hull, the better in my experience. (Note how his hull blends in with the reeds in the background. ;) ) She looks great Mac! Enjoy!! :D

TT,....uuuhhm,...NO!! What you do with your manhood is your own business....:lol::p Besides,...I butter my corn,..my bread,..and my peas,....but never my,..........boat!!

Show the first pic mac....lol

I like it but I will forever call it FUGLY....:)

The boat is NOT in good shape. It is PRISTINE for a 17 year old boat. Especially after we upgrade some wiring and circut breakers!

Keep on keepin on Mac.....get on with your FUGLY self! oops I mean boat!

The fish do not care what color it is or how much you had to pay for it. The fish do not know if it cost $500.00 or $50.000. Tight Lines:D

Cloudofbass

I agree Champion makes a great boat. My buddy has a 94 (I think) and is in great shape.

I wouldn't call it FUGLY but, I'm not real fond of the tan bottom either, but the color of the boat doesn't matter when you're out whackin' toads. :wub: I'd let you take me fishin' in it. ;) As stated above, the owner is a whole different question. ;):lol:

I was considering buying Penny Berryman's boat, at least I think that was her name back in 2001. It was a 97 or 98 boat that she used for 1 year I believe and had been sitting on the dealer lot since she turned it in.

The color scheme was such that my manhood would have been questioned everytime it left my garage. :lol: It was a 929 or what ever their biggest boat was at the time with upgraded fishfinders and other items. They had it listed for only 12 or 14 grand and told me to make them an offer. LOL

At the very least I would have had to change the carpet and seat colors. It would have still looked like I was out pimpin' fish so I ended up passing on it. At least no one will accuse you of fish pimpin' in your rig! :lol:

Gene

Mini,....I don't have that pix anymore.....but you're right,..that pix was NOT a selling point fo'SHO!! :blink: LOL Glad I went up and looked at it anyway..'cuz when I walked in the dude's pole barn and saw it in person...I was VERY surprised, and a little impressed to say the least,..that guy was the 2nd owner and he took VERY GOOD care of it! When it wasn't behind his truck,...it was "barn stored" on a carpeted floor!! LOL!! I still can't believe those are the original seats too. I don't like when peeps post used boats for sale, and they use a pix of it when it was brand new!! Ya go look at it and it's a major letdown....beat to hell...dirty,...etc..etc. Atleast this one was BETTER than the pix he used...a nice surprise!! :wub: Once we get done with the circuit breakers and the radio re-do, I'll be completely happy!! This boat will be around until I retire...so I have to keep her in ship shape and well maintained!!;)

It is a beautiful boat; a very conservative and understated color scheme. Not sure about that crap in front of it though .... ;). Any particular reason it seems to float nose up? ;)

150 ponies,..30 gal's of gas,...2 gal's of oil....3 batteries,..and a phat bastard make it float "rear down" :eek::blink:

Well mac ... doesn't seem to be stressing the trailer springs when loaded ... wonder what makes the difference between trailer load and floating ... :huh:? What is different? I wonder, I wonder? Still a great looking boat.

On the trailer the gas and oil tanks were empty, the batteries were drained,... and the phat bastard was taking a pix!!:p:lol:

I like it! And like Hammer said..I am not overly fond of red boats...

phat bastard make it float "rear down" HAHA Do not talk about Hammer like that!!!

you should have seen it when we were BOTH in it :) Especially when we were standing on the bow! I think the stainless prop was out of the water...lol

Well now, no sense having a SS prop if nobody can see it .. :wacko::wacko:

Beautiful Boat Mac!:wub: I don't see any S&T stuff on it yet?:huh:

Fishing in off-color water, the fish will never know you're there with that color hull.:p

I wish I could find an older model boat that looks that good!:(

Plus, you can't beat a red truck!

I think I have one of the fugliest color combos I have ever seen. 26 year old Hydra sport what were they thinking. Runs great thanks to Bob B and catches fish so I am happy. Picture in folder

I know i'm boatlesschinesebanktrash these days, but my vote is thumbs down for looks! Boat looks AMAZINGLY new, but the tan bottom to me really makes it look cheap.

Now throw some of Mini's Hooter's girls on the back deck and i'll vote again!! LOL

looks like a ford...Better than being boatless believe me...Really I like It myself....

It runs AWESOME now after the ECM repair,......spent all day on 'Clair y'day and burned almost a 1/2 tank! The holeshot is amazing....runs like a hot knife thru butter in foot and a half waves and never had a single hiccup. LOVIN it!!

Really Trep? Looks cheap? Do you really think you are getting a good look from that far away? :lol::wacko::lol:

Are you KIDDING ME? You're fishing out of a woodie with the top painted red? THATS AWESOME! Nicest ChrisCraft I've seen in a while BWA HAHAHAHAHA

looks great to me,though i prefer a single console,the boat looks very nice,well kept.

Latest posts

Back