On board charger

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Neathamer2

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

This past year I finally upgraded my electronics after asking this site which way to go and of course, I got the right information. Now, I am in the market for an on board charger. I am pretty sure most on this site has one so my question is, who has what and would you buy another if needed? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Max

I use a NOCO Genius Charger (Gen3). They are available in 1-6 bank configurations. Their web-site is geniuschargers.com. I have also seen them for sale through Amazon.com. for substantial savings. They are fully sealed and waterproof and are capable of diagnosing, recovering, charging and maintaining batteries. They also have a 3 year warranty. I would definately buy another one if the need should arise.

In the bass boat, I have a Promariner 12 going strong still after several years. Found it to be very good value for the money. Charges and maintains two deep cycle batteries very well. Picked it up at Bass Pro on sale way back when. If you're not in a rush, they periodically go on sale in the Spring and Fall.

I also have the BP brand and it charges three deep cycle batteries. I put it in my 2009 Z7 when I got it new. Charges all year long and no problems.

My boat came with a 3 bank, 30 Amp DualPro brand charger (2000). It finally gave up the ghost this past summer. I also purchased a NOCO Gen 3 charger as a replacement. I haven't received it yet, but I'm in no big hurry until Spring.

RoyC

I had a guest 2635 4 bank charger, went belly up after about 6 years, now have a MinnKota 4 bank.

Good afternoon,

Thanks for the replies and information. I will look these units up and see which one flips my trigger..

Thanks again..

Max

Latest posts

Back