Old Military Issue rifles

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
I hear O'bummer has signed an executive order banning the importation and sales of surplus firearms from other countries. Seeing that I have one of most of the ones on the list it doesn't effect me that much. BUT if some of you have put off purchasing a Moisen Nagant, British Enfield, Mitchell Mauser you better get busy.

fatrap

Yep but I want an AK and M4 just to tick him off when I extend my middle finger SALUTE :D

Obama has done a lot for the Republican party lately...

I would like to have a Garand... But, every time I get close to buying one some other bright shiny object distracts me...

I do regret not buying a few old military rifles.... A Schmidt-Rubin Straight Pull A few dozen Mexican 1936 Mausers (They make great hunting rifles in .25 to .22 calibers and at $40 each......ouch) Pre WWII Japanese Arisakas to make into dangerous game rifles.... (Strong like OX actions) A couple of Winchester made .30 carbines (for fun back when they were cheap) I passed up a $125 AMU tuned Garand in 1982 (dumb, dumb, dumb) Lots more, sadly

I've always wanted a M1 .30cal carbine too Greg......the few that I see in gunshops are @ $600 +/- .......but I really don't have much need for it..it would clearly be an impulse buy that eats ammo!! LOL

I've been wanting the M14, but in lieu of that, I could settle for a mini-14 in 5.56

I had a mini-14 for a couple years, but I traded it even up for a Ruger M/77 Mark II Carbine in .44 mag. The mini was fun, but it sprayed rounds......couldn't get a group tighter than @ 6-8" at 100 yds....it bummed me out a bit 'cuz I'm into accuracy and I couldn't get it to shoot any better than that. The Ruger .44 mag carbine shoots a lot tighter and it's a much better round for deer hunting in thicker brush. I have a Rem. 700 and an AR, both in .223 so the .44 mag was a good trade for me.

Last edited:
Bill, they've redesigned the Mini 14 in the last few years, and the word is that the accuracy is much better. The barrel is a bit beefier, and the action is a bit tighter than the old model. But there are so many choices for a $600 .223 semi auto (including low end ARs that work really well), the Mini 14 just doesn't have the market position it used to.

Regarding the executive order: I hope that it's all it is, rather than an order to the BATFE to rewrite regs to ban those imports. An executive order won't last long. Changed regs last decades...

Gotta M1 carbine, gotta M14, had a Mini 14 :( gotta M1 Garand. Been looking at the M1 Carbine in 22LR.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back