Oil injector

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Blankenship

Reaction score
I was just wondering how much trouble it would be to get gid of the automatic oil mixer and just fill the gas tank with oil manually. Has anyone every done this before? The automatic mixer works good for now but I am just scared that it will stop and the motor keep running causing it to lock up. What all would I have to do to make it work. I would appreciate any info on how to do this or maybe a link to a web site that would show me what all I need to do. I have a 2005 Nitro NX882 with a Mercury XR6 150hp. thanks everybody.

Its real simple with a repair manual.Pull out the oil pump,install the blank off kit.Empty both oil tanks.Plug them.Tape off the 2 oil alarm wires.Mix oil right into tank.Just did this with my 2004 xr6 after haveing to rebuild it due to catastraphic oil failure.My cousin has the same exact year and set up as yours and were doing his in 2 weeks.Good luck.

A former Mercury Repairman / Dealer told me that he quit working on Mercury due to their cheap antics. A fellow brought his boat in just under warranty & he was told that the repair had to be completed within the warranty period. Also, it may have been the same guy, but a Mercury engine had a valve or cylinder that needed repaired which requires going into the engine. Repairman was told to only replace the necessary parts though it was just common sense to replace all of them while deep into the engine to assure a longer life & more satisfied customer.
The Repairman afterward became a Yamaha Dealer & Service Center. He as well as others have attested that Yamaha has the best customer service practically in the country. They have warranted beyond the warranty period in many cases and often replaced the entire motor. They are more interested in finding out their design problems & long term customer satisfaction than the bottom $$. This will definitely keep Yamaha around and in the forefront of the competition for many years to come.

Nitro Jo

I was just wondering how much trouble it would be to get gid of the automatic oil mixer and just fill the gas tank with oil manually. Has anyone every done this before? The automatic mixer works good for now but I am just scared that it will stop and the motor keep running causing it to lock up. What all would I have to do to make it work. I would appreciate any info on how to do this or maybe a link to a web site that would show me what all I need to do. I have a 2005 Nitro NX882 with a Mercury XR6 150hp. thanks everybody.
Just did it to my 1987 Bass tracker Pro 16, with the 40hp oil injected motor. I am a retired Navy Deepsea Diver and worked on boat in the Navy. Remove all the hardware and just premix your oil/gas as if it did not have a oil injection system. Pretty simple. Steve Wendt USN (Ret)

Latest posts

Back