Oh, no-o-o-o! Scott got OUTFISHED!! By a GIRL!!! Using a BOBBER!!!!

• Thread starter Staci Matheis [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
The middle of last week, I asked Kym "I'm going fishing next Sunday..... If you'd like to come, I'd love to have your company!" I had expected her to answer something like "Uh-h-h, no-o-o..... I've got to give my cat a bath." So, imagine my surprise when this beautiful young lady says "Yes!"

I told her that I would supply rod, reel, bait..... What had she used in the past? "I've always had good luck with a purple plastic worm..... And a bobber." "OK" I answered..... Then went to check my stock. No problem with the purple worms, I had them already - 4 and 7 inchers. But the bobber was another matter..... I found one - a big yellow and orange one - that I think I bought back in about 1973..... I pried it away from the glob of 20-year-old worms melted into the corner of my 20-year-old tackle box.

Sunday morning, canoe on the roof of my Jeep, I head for Kym's. I called to let her know I was on my way.....

"Are you bringing a cooler?"

"A what?" I questioned.

"A cooler..... With ice and something to drink?"

"No. Why something to drink? There'll be water all around us. You were in the Navy for 6 years; didn't they give you survival training?"

".....no-o-o....." (I could hear the frown.....)

(Yes, I've got one! Filled with blue ice AND water!"

"Great!!!"

We drove to the Meramec River out near Leasburg, Missouri. I had chosen a nice, easy five mile float. Figured that - if it turned out that she HATED being in a canoe with me - we could get out in a hurry..... In any case, with the day's heat indicies hitting maybe 110, three hours would likely be enough.

We started down the river to the first spot we could stop to set up the rods and fish a bit. She showed me how she liked to rig - #6 hook with the purple worm on wacky-style, small split shot and the big yellow/orange bobber! As I set up my motor oil worm T-rigged on a 1/8 Slider hook, I thought to myself "She'll be doing it MY way, once she sees how to catch fish....."

We didn't catch anything, so we went to the next spot..... Bingo! Kym catches a nice little smallmouth! I didn't catch nuthin'. We moved on.....

Next stop, I switch to a shad colored fluke. Bingo! Kim's purple-worm-on-a-bobber catches another smallmouth! I didn't catch nuthin'.

"Pass me one of those blueberry things, please!" She requests.

"Just goes to show how much she knows," I thought. "Her worms are grape!"

Then I realize, she's talking about the granola bars in the cooler..... Guess she did know what she was talking about..... Maybe I should try a purple worm..... I did.

She had yet another hook-up! I still got nuthin'.

That's the way it went all afternoon..... We stayed out past 7 pm! She loved it! We're going to take a trout trip on the Current River in a few weeks. (I'm gonna booby trap her rod when she's not looking!)

A few weeks ago, for her birthday, a friend gave Kym a t-shirt that read:

"I run like a girl.

I throw like a girl.

I KICK BUTT like a girl!"

Well..... Kym kicked my butt on Sunday..... But..... With a smile like she has..... Who cares!!!!!!!!

me!
kymfish.jpg

OK Scott -what was her techinque? Did she just let it float down? Did she shake the rod? Details my friend!

Looks like you had a great time, and this time I wasent' the one getting SKUNKED!!!

Scott, way to go.. it's not important who catches the most fish as long as fish are being pulled into the boat.. Remember that Rob..LOL... It's nice to spend the day on the water with a friend and let them kick your butt every now and then.. LOL..

I didn't kick your butt, you did it all on your own. Those top cap stress cracks ain't from running. We gotta work on your depth perception when stepping into and out of the boat! LOL

Welcome Kym! Let us in on the purple worm control technique! I need all the help I can get! But it seems SO does SCOTT!!

Kym,

Welcome to the group. Yes, most of us are not normal!! That's why we gather here and tell stories. Congrats on outfishing Scott in his own canoe! Don't give all these guys your fishing secrets cause they'll act like they invented it!! Wait until you win your first tourney.

Bob G.

Bob! Michael! You guys aren't supposed to sit there and make fun of me! You're supposed to tell her about my command of the elements! My ability to catch fish even where there ain't none! Tell her what a great person I am!

And, the truth be know..... I think Kym could probably give Penny Berryman AND Karen Savich a run for their money! Teach Roland Martin and Jimmy Houston some humility along the way, too!

I can see it now! An orange (her favorite color) 911 blasting down the lake! "Li'l Monkey" - her nickname - emblazened on the side! A dozen "Li'l Monkey Signature Series" rods and reels all rigged and ready to go..... With "Li'l Monkey Signature Series Purple Worms" and "Li'l Monkey Signature Series Orange/Yellow Bobbers" flying in the wind at the tips!

:^)

me!

Scott,

I would have told her that you were an awesome fisherman, except I didn't see you at the rally. I figured you couldn't fish with the big boys!! Just kidding!! Hope to see you at a future rally or just come to VT or NY to fish Champlain.

Bob G.

A lady who loves to fish. Now that I say is a keeper. Looks like you made have got the best catch of the day.

Happy Fishing

Uh..... Before this gets out of hand.....

Kym is one of the most delightful people I have ever been around! Bright! Witty! Caring! She has these Big, Warm Eyes that reach right into the depths of your heart and a Soft, Gentle Smile that will simply take your breath away! She has tremendous strength of character that I truly admire!

But, among other things, she is 32 and I am 52..... She has become a Very, Dear Friend! I thank God for that friendship and hope that it will last for many, many years to come!

And maybe for a few more fishin' trips!

God Bless!

me!

32??!! Must be my graphics card. Looking at the photo I thought she was 12 or 13 and you were taking a kid out fishing....LOL

Scott, buddy, I just have to ask..Is there anyone that DOESN'T out fish you? :eek:)

That is Scott's way of introducing people to fishing - letting them catch more fish so they don't get discouraged! Scott, that is very honorable of you.

Also, Scott has a deal with BPS. He gets free merchandise every time he gets someone hooked on fishing and they start spending their paycheck on fishing gear every week. I am jealous that I didn't think of it before you!!!

Bob G.

Hey Scott, the other reason I thought she was a kid. I'm used to seeing the same standard Patent pending half twisted around Old Town canoe photo..
The%20big%20catch.jpg

Way to go Kym,....We're all tired of Scott's stories about how he whacks HUUUGE fish like it was his job or something,....glad you stepped in and showed him how it's done....you make us ALL proud!! ;o)

Mac

Scott that is a neat way to learn about fishing. Make friends with someone that knows how to fish and then take them fishing. I hoped you learned from her technique. LOL

Bear

Scott - I did imply that last time out it was ME that got skunked!

KYM - He realy can fish, check out the post titled "Great day with Scott and Rich", he got 2 in places that Rich and I didn't get a bite!

Guys, she's in for a surprize! When we go for trout on the Current River, it's a "Trophy Trout Area"..... Artificials only - and "soft plastics" are strictly prohibited! She's gonna have to fish MY WAY!

Wooly Buggers!!!!!!

If we're your kind of people, then welcome to our wacky world!!!

Scott,

Next time you get up our way, we'll give you some free lessons on the tank!!!

Ken, the way I fished on Sunday, I'd need a shotgun to come close even in the tank!

Scott I have a feeling if this little lady wants to catch trout at the Current River she will no matter what she uses.

As a plan, go to KFC and get a bucket of chicken and call the trip a picnic. Then she'll be in a picnic frame of mind. If she out-fishes you, then just blow it off saying that you were not there to fish but to enjoy nature and her companionship. If you outfish her then you tell her the truth, "Women want you and fish fear you."

Bear

Scott,

I don't quite understand, what's the big deal about getting out fished by girl? I thought you would be accustomed to that by now. ;)

Congrats Kym, now get Scott to bring you out this way and we can make it a girls day out on the river! Keep those purple worms a bobbin!

Cass :)

Geez, Mike..... I dunno..... Maybe..... Just maybe..... Someday we'll find out!

(Guess I'd better start preparin' 'scuses now..... Just in case!)

Way to go Kym!

Cass has the right idea. Get Scott to bring you to New England and you, Cass and I will show him how to fish!!

When he takes you trout fishing, be sure he SHARES his Wooley Buggers with you. He does tie a mean fly. Even the pretty pink ones!!

Carli (who out fishes her hubby all the time!)

Carli -

I just may have to let her use some of your Bass Bunnies! They are still awaiting their opportunity to be put to the test! I just haven't been trout fishing even once yet this year.

Thanks for the note!

me!

Well Scott,

I was going to mention to let Kym use a Bass Bunny (they work on trout too)LOL but I was afraid that you wouldn't share those!!!!

You KNOW she will definately out fish you if she uses bunnies!!! LOL

Just be forwarned Scott!! I don't want you crying now!!!

Carli *

Carli, my dear, the only crying I do is over the fact that your hubby married you before I even got a chance to propose!

Latest posts

Back