Official prostaff for Guest

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well, I would like to extend a sincere thanks to Sue again, this time publically. Today she made it official. I am now on Guest's prostaff. Sue has been an invaluable asset here with charging questions and proves that Guest takes a hands on customer service approach. I should have my equipment soon and look forward to many years with Guest equipment on whichever brand of boat I drive. Please feel free to ask Sue or myself any questions you have about Guest chargers and we will do our best to answer them to the best of our ability. I hope to add to the knowledge and reputation that Sue brings to the board. Thanks again Sue and let me know if the sales rep will be up for the B.A.S.S. regional at Apple Tree. If they would like, I can make the quick drive over to the weigh-ins.

Sweet you have to hook me up on the 1-2 year old equipment.

That's awesome for you man!

Great company.I have been useing a guest charger on my boat for about four years and I love it.About a year ago my battery went dead,I checked my connections on my charger and found a blown fuse.I replaced the fuse and it blew again whether the charger was plugged in or not.to make a long story short I called the hot line and the lady took my info.She told me to pack up chager with a short note explaning the problem.Well about three days after I sent mine in, a brand new one arrived in the mail.They must have sent it out before even recieving mine.Now thats what I call service.They are a class act company.I wish I knew the ladys name that helped me I have you tell her thanks for me.

Rob, good for you!

Great company. Sue D. is one of the best representatives I have ever met from any company. She knows and proudly supports the company's products and is a genuine help to the customers.

Rob,

Congrats on the sponsorship! Hook me up with a Guest t-shirt and I'll help you advertise at the bass fishing events!!

Bob G.

Good Rob...

Jump in your truck...run over here to my garage and help me "figger-out" why mine ain't workin' right....

congrats Rob!

i'm sure you will be a good spokesperson for guest chargers. i have the 2611 in my boat and it has worked flawlessly. i'm with bob g. , when do the t-shirts come in? put me down for a xxl :) sounds like you are hooked up with a good company. i like the fact that they offer a full line of chargers for us value conscience consumers.

greg,

might be a dumb suggestion but have you got the right wires going to the right battery - ie ya don't have the commons switched between batteries. might double check if you already havn't as it can get cramped in the battery compartment and wires can get mixed up. if that ain't it, rob's the man!

Rob that's awesome to hear that you got picked up by Guest. I had one in my last Nitro and they make a great product. Keep up the good work.

James, et al...

Nope, wires are right...It worked flawlessly for 5 months then ...phffftttt...suddenly I plugfged it in and it didn't light up... Sue sent me a new manual by e-mail and I haven't had time to download it or even look at the problem. I wish it were simple but nope...won't be.

As Rich said, "Sue D. is one of the best representatives I have ever met from any company. She knows and proudly supports the company's products and is a genuine help to the customers."

Having had the pleasure of meeting Sue a few weeks ago, I'll add: "She hugs good, too!"

Congrats, Rob! You're signed with a quality company and one Wonderful Lady!

me!

Greg, e-mail me your # and address so we can get it taken care of.

Rob-

Can you offer us discounts on Guest products now???

Maybe a coupon in the mail???

Fairly sure I'll be in the market for a dual-bank for next season...

az

Sorry Rob, I splipped right over your post this morning. Congrats on your deal with Guest. You're on track.

Bear

Rob - As a non-T fisherman and all around non-informed-professional-fisherman-guy = what exactly does being a "offical prostaff" for any company mean?

Congratulation's Rob!!.....Just by the way you present yourself here on the board I think 'Guest' has just picked up a valuable asset to their company! Mike

.....so that's how the pros do it! One patch at a time!

Congrats Rob.

T

That's it T, one at a time. I have a few more I'm working on, keep your fingers crossed would ya.

Trep, it means different things with different companies and sponsorships. Some might give your free product, others might give you discounts or sell say a boat to you at cost. Others pay your tourney entry fees. With each comes corresponding responsibilites. Some might only want you to wear their patch and hat. Other add truck decals and appearances. Some want commercials and magazine ads, obviously the bigger names like KVD, Woo, Clunn etc. Each deal is unique. My deal might be and probably is different from that of other Guess prostaffers. I am very honored to be considered in a category with some of them though. Guest has some truly legendary pros on their prostaff. I'm just a young pup compared to a lot. But you have to start somewhere, and the few sponsors that I currently have will not be forgotten and shall be rewarded when one day I go across stage at the Classic or FLW to receive my trophy and check. Hope I answered your question Trep. I am also working on some tackle sponsors and a motor sponsor. Then next is the boat itself.

Rob - Thanks that does help. So being on the "prostaff" means they are "sponsoring" you. And as you said, different requirements by sponsor. Cool! I think I see how this works, the more sponsors the more either A) free or b) discounted fishing/boating stuff or C) entry fees you get. This brings down your cost to be a Pro, gives visability to the Sponsor. And the bigger you get (professionaly not physically, though if that is the problem see Rich's post LOL) the more free stuff to help off set the cost of fishing T's. Got it -Thanks!!!

Sort of, and the more exposure the company gets. If I swear by a certain jerkbait, then everyone that knows enough about Champlain and me, knows that when they come here to get THAT jerkbait. So the few dollars a company invest giving a pro the bait, (say me maybe) it is more than offset by me winning just one tourney with the bait and announcing that bait from stage after I win. Everybody local will want 1 or 2, and the other pros will make a note for the next time they come, to get them as well. It's the same for all products. It's a win/win situation for the sponsor and the pro.

Wow, congrats Rob, very happy for you, I currently don't have an onboard charger yet, actually, I know nothing about them,LOL......... I have a cranking and a trolling battery, does this mean "dual bank"? 2 batteries=dual bank? Sorry about the dumb question, but being the first year with my boat I've been lugging that extension cord and auto charger out to the boat every week. So I think I'll be askin ole Santa this winter for an onboard....... guess which brand it'll be? Again, congrats Rob!!

Mike,

Try this link. I think the 2611 will be perfect for your application. Yeah you want 2 banks, one for each battery. Keep in mind the cranking battery won't take as long to charge as the motor charges it throughout the day while running. But if you run electronics all day and livewells, it can draw down enough that it requires aux charging. Not sure on the price. Check at BassPro.com and see. You get the 2 year warranty, and I will be posting a grab bag section on how to mount them if you want advise.
http://www.guestco.com/Chargepro/waterproof.html

egMike - Here we go again, i HAVE to agree with ROB LOL

I've got the 2611 Guest on my Tracker 175, have had it onboard for 2 1/2 years and works like a charm. I just back the boat into the garage, plug her in and just REMEMBER to unplug before you pull out!!!!

These things are water proof and can basically be mounted anywhere, as long as there is enough space for it to Breathe.

Almost forgot, get the marinco outlet too. That way you can just plug in the boat! No lifting hatches or anything. You can leave them locked if the boat sits outside overnight, and still charge. It's about $12 I think.

Re: the Marinco outlet.....

When you install it, you have to drill a 1 7/8" hole. That size hole drill is difficult to find. When I did find one, it was at Home Depot and came in a sort of kit at a cost of something like $15..... If anyone here is planning on putting in a Guest charger and needs the bit, drop me an e-mail - I'll send you the one I've got, I won't have another use for it!

me!

Scott, I need one! Want to send it to me? I will have my outlet next week and need to install it. The old TF is getting MORE extras that all go for $7k. Man, I ought to be able to move that thing! Bob can attest, she flies!

E-mail me your address. It'll go out to you today or tomorrow and should be in your hands Saturday or Monday. All you gotta do is pass it on to the next person who needs one!

Thank you all for the info and advice, as usual, THIS site is the best! ok. here goes...... "Dear Santa. (Terri)... could I please have a GUEST model2611 for Christmas......and I want a handheld GPS...... and a ........and a........ and some....... and........" OUCH! ok dear.. just finishing up here.......OK, THANKS ALL, Mike

OK, Folks!

The Official Nitro Owners Website Marinco Special Hole Drill is now making it's way to Rob; he should have it by Monday and be done with it by Wednesday. He is obliged to ship it on to the next person who is obliged to send it on to the next and so on..........

Sign up now for your turn to use the ONOWMSHD! To qualify, you only need purchase a Guest Charger and Marinco outlet from the retailer of your choice! (Althought I might recommend BPS so that you can get Rewards Points and donate them to the Special Kids 'n Fishing Project next Spring!)

Thanks!

me!

Latest posts

Back