No Ranger For Me

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Decided against buying the Ranger 1880 Angler. Too much money and very little trade in. In fact what they offered for trade was an insult. I expected a low low offer but I was basically paying them to dispose of the Tundra
Sooooo.I pulled it over to a auto restoration place and they are putting in the highest grade marine carpeting on my lower deck between fishing platforms. It's expensive but the inside will look almost new. the outside is in very good shape everything is buffed and waxed frequently and everything possible has been replaced or fixed once so what the hell. The Tundra is faster, dryer, has way more storage, more fuel capacity, larger live well and bait wells than the Ranger. It will be paid off by mid summer. With the fishing as bad as it has been putting myself in debt for the twelve years didn't seem like a good deal. Only other mod I might make is to convert to disc brakes.
So I'll still be a member of the Tracker Tuna Boat Society.
fatrap

You'll love disc brakes, easy maintenance, most of the time is the hydraulic actuator that'll need servicing the most.

I had 72 last spring and no trips until Sept one to SD the last four trips I only used the big engine to trailer. Even though I have 20 mile runs often, I usually stay put and fish.

The 1880 Angler sure looks nice, but it ain't easy on the wallet!

I was sitting in a 1880 at Cabelas right after I went to the Ranger dealer at Smithville, MO. I was trying to figure where I was going to put all the stuff(gear) that I normally carry. Extra clothes, rain suit, anchor and rope, bumpers, freezer bags, trash bags, extension cord and so on and so on. Plus seventeen rods and reels, 20 clear tackle boxes, first aid kit, space blanket I carry a LOT of gear because the South Dakota reservoirs are very unforgiving. You can go fifty miles or more and not one house, road or salvation for those stranded. Therefore I carry food extra water fire starter and pistol. Not room for half on that in the Angler. Do I still want that boat??? Hell yes but it isn't going to happen.
fatrap

Reactions: cq
Well I picked up the Tundra today and the guys that re-carpeted the lower deck did a great job. Ofcourse the colors is a tad off but will fade with time to match. They did point out to me that the tongue of my trailer where it swivels back was cracked both on the swivel pin and the removable pin side causing a lot of up and down slack that was causing a clanking noise that had me baffled. Tomorrow I will pull out one of my welders and fix this quickly. I suggest all owners who have this set up to check and make sure yours is solid. Also the wires pulled out of the plug on the trailer. And so it goes..........Still going to keep it.

Latest posts

Back