Nitro X5

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Fischer

Reaction score
Do you guys know much about the X5? I'm guessing this is just a new model name for an older one, because I don't see much in the way of used in that size.

I'm looking for a boat that will fit in my Garage, #1, and #2, is entry level as much as possible.. I'd be open to used, but may not be able to find something that works for me.

Any thoughts on the X5 or X5 owners out there?

This is from a couple of pages over.

re: Anyone Bought a Nitro X-5 Yet? by Fast Eddy,5/11/2009 19:38 ET

Basstrackerma--

I picked mine up week and half ago. Awesome boat. This is my first fiberglass (been running d-v's). Fully loaded with gear, 1/2 tank of fuel, two people, with a 115 Optimax it ran 48 (gps) going into the wind. If you are on the fence about this boat, don't hestitate. After 2 weekends, could be happier. I will admit though, I think I am going to raise the motor one or two holes, won't be completely happy till I hit 50. Any questions please feel free to ask. Pics are in my Library

MikeF - Look in the swap and sell as someone has a nice 640 listed at a very resonable rate. It is probably comparable to the X5 but at a better price. No - I am not related to the guy trying to sell his 640 but noticed it earlier on the board. In todays economy a well kept previous owner boat is a good buy.

I'm Glad you asked becasue I did not see the response on the page by "fast eddy".

I also want to know more about this boat. I dont see why Nitro still has yet to post color options (with pictures) online.

Fast Eddy , May i ask what "options" you went with? The 115HP should be great for me, since I will be upgrading from a 25HP :)

Did you pay for the "Nitro Cover" the one that is like $600? If so do you have any pictures of it? Thanks

Mike, I have a 640 with a 90 and my buddy has a 700 with a 115. We both love our Nitros for that they are smaller, but perform like a big boat. We both fish tourneys from our boats and win from time to time. Mine is perfect for that it just fits in the garage and that is important sense it cant go in the yard or outside due to covantences. It is my first bass boat and I have leared so much with it and being that I bought it used am more flexable (dont cry when dinged it the first time) in try new and differant things in it. So far my Nitro is a tough little boat, I push it alot. Also being a smaller boat I can get into areas other can not. The x5 looks to be like the 700 and the x4 may be closer to the 640 if I'm looking at the info correctly.

Bill is correct, you can pick up any one of these boats used at a good price.

Dan

Basstrackerma--

The options that I ordered with the boat was the Nitro cover and another drop box. I should have ordered the auto bilge but was not thinking that out all the way when we did the order. Not tooting my own horn, I'm fairly savy in rigging boats so I knew I could do the other things that I wanted.

1. Took the Motorguide motor off(I can't stand cable steers)and put on a Minnkota Terrova 55 pound thrust with AP and US.

2. Installed Humminbird 797 SI with SI transducer on the stepped hull and shoot through the hull in the bilge area.

3. Put Keelguard on. I was somewhat hesitant about doing this as I have never put one on before, but I am very glad that I did it myself now. As long as you take your time and have a helper, they are fairly easy. No sense in paying 2 1/2 times the price for the factory to install it.

You asked about the cover--I don't have a pic of it on the boat but I can say it fits like a glove. It is a rachet cover with 5 straps(2 on the back, 2 in the middle, and one on the bow). It comes with a support pole that pretty much eliminates any pooling of water. IMHO--If you are thinking of buying this boat, go with the Nitro cover. Yes it is twice as much as any "bass boat cover", but this cover is made specifically for this boat and has added felt in the spots where "rub spots" are.

If you buy this boat, make sure you get another drop box. God only knows why, but Tracker only puts one drop box in it. If you didn't order another one, the compartment is just a big hole(meaning no storage compartment).

As far as the ride. We have only been in rough water a couple of times, and it rides very well and is quite dry. Very stable boat as well. The 115 scoots it along at about 48 with full load, full gas, and two people. We are moving the motor up one hole tommorow so we'll see what happens.

Any other questions, please feel to ask.

Ty

Thank You for reply. I will go with the cover for sure. as far the Auto Bilge, do you take on water with your new boat already?

Also, I'm not sure i know what you mean by "extra dropbox" were would this "empty" one be located otherwise? I'm guessing you mean it's an extra "plastic bin" rather than just caprpeted storage?

Also, did you buy yours from "stock" the company had, or did you order your own color? I just want to know how I am supposed to drop approx $25k on a boat that i cant seem to find were i can "see" it in the color i want. (Blue/White with Flake)

And last, How many "Rod Holes" Are there on the X-5? Thanks

And

Thanks for the info! In your guys' experience, does Tracker/Nitro have much play in their pricing, or is what you see on the website and in the showroom pretty much what you have to pay?

Basstrackerma--

My boat does not take on any water, however, it would be a nice security if it were to rain heavly overnight that it would kick on automatically. You can not buy one from Cabelas or Bass Pro any cheaper than thru the factory so you might as well have the factory put it in.

The boat comes with one drop box which is located behind the seats. Standard is one box. You will want an extra box for sure.

I ordered mine from the show. They had a yellow/black one there and that was the color that I wanted so it worked out well for me.

There is 4 rod tubes, but there is plenty of room under the tubes for rods. I would invest in some rod socks so you don't have to deal with rods twisting together.

Ty

I have a 2010 nitro X5.

Just wondering if any of you have used the cover while the boat is in the water? It seems like the ratchet straps will be underwater if i put the cover on when the boat is in the water......Has anyone done this and had any problems with the ratchets rusting or anything like that? It's on a freshwater lake.....

Latest posts

Back