Nitro X5 owners?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Ceriale

Reaction score
Hey Y'all,

Happy Late B Day Toxic~~!... was up in Hayward, Wi last 2 weeks. Got a question, anyone own a X5 or X4 yet? ... saw one at the BPS in Gurnee last weekned... wow! nice and wide LOVE LOVE the center Rod storage and LARGE storage openings ... and the price w/ a 115 Opti is under 20K!

I own a 640 w/ a 50 and i do love it ... "but" would like more speed and a wider beam for stability, MORE storage room and larger front deck ... the X5 looks like the perfect marriage between the 640 and the 750 and it still will fit in the garage!

Thanks ... Tighter Lines!!

They seem very nice but, I would watch the color. If you order them in yellow you will never catch another fish.:p

I am looking very forward to picking one up this winter.

I wish Nitro had the color options on thier website like they do for every other boat.

Although after just reading that "glass" boats get "osmosis" i am a little worried. I love my tracker but its time for a bigger engine and more room.

Read this. I just found it today. Great write up on the X-5

http://www.724outdoors.com/Fishing/article_detail.asp?iArticleID=5172

Please post pics if you get it..

Hey All,

LOL! the yellow looks like a huge bee!

According to the Nitro website...and the salesman at BPS, for $499 you can pick ANY colors you want for this rig and what it doesn't show is an option for a DUAL console! that could seel me on this right there... even Ranger doesnt offer a dual on their 17 footer@

GREAT article on the boat... man that red/black color scheme is almost 100 percent what i am looking for:wub: ... What a great looking boat! and from the article sounds like it could compete in Bass Tourney's as well as easy to tow! thanks for that website !

Ok what do you mean by "glass" boats get "osmosis"?

That kinda bothers me a little:(... Would a Tin boat be better in the long run?:huh:

Thanks and enjoy the day, because it's later than you think....

Here is a link to an excellent review of the X-5. I have the author's old Z-7 since he got a new one! Well written by someone who drives and uses a bass boat regularly.

If I was a salesman for Tracker, I would have this on every X-5.

http://www.724outdoors.com/Fishing/article_detail.asp?iArticleID=5172

Tony - WOW they FINALY got the Dual Console back for the 17ft boats!! I love my 700lx Dual Console, won't own another boat without 2 consoles, even down here in the south!

Yes online at nitro.com they do have an option for Duel Console for an added $500.. Now I was thinking maybe i want this to. Would make the passangers seem "safer"?

But sometimes I fish with 3 people on board including myself. and I guess the duel console wouldnt be a good idea when there is 3 people, as the middle now goes away as a fishing spot?

And the osmosis part i was talking about is on this forum, just a few below your post i think. I dont know, maybe it's not a big deal? maybe very rare? or non-exsisting on new boats? i am not sure

basstrackerma,

Persoanlly i wont have a boat without the second console again. Passengers really appreciate it on a cold wet day and i like the storage and ability to throw stuff under it to keep it dry.

Im not sure if it would be a problem on the x5 or not with 3 people. I havent looked at one close enough but from what i can see in the photo's it appears that you could fish two off the front deck. it would be cramped but could be done. I fished three on my 882 a ton and those boats had a pretty cramped front deck. If you fish three a bunch you may want to think about stepping up to the next size boat. The z7 has a huge front deck and it can fish three very comfortable. If you were going to go with the x5 and a 115 the z7 150efi combo isnt a lot more money but its a lot more boat and something you wont outgrow in a few years.

As far as the osmosis thing goes i woudlnt worry about it. From what i gather, it happens, its not common and its not really a "problem". I have owned three glass boats and i have never seen it before on any of mine.

Hey All!

Thanks for all the info! and yes Trepman that is NICE to have a dual console... i'm looking at it for the passenger AND to have a glove box handy for Cell phones, lisences GPS etc... cause the under seat storage does get a little damp and wet when it rains!

I looked up that "blistering" and you are right, i dont see it on smaller boats... on HUGE ships that are always in the water i do see it...

I love the Z7 but its a storage problem for me... garage is only 19'6" soo its more of a "most for the money" and still easy towing and storage.I wonder what the total length w/ the swing away would be on the Z7 w/150hp?:unsure: And my tow vehicle is a 08 4wd Colorado w/ a 5 inline engine (242 HP and can tow 5,000lbs).

Someone on this post said the length of the Z5 w/ a 115 is 19'7"? wonder if thats with the engine straight down or kind of trimmed?

I actually think the front deck of the Z5 is larger than ALL the 17 footers i've seen and from the online photos, 2 guys could fish it comfortably.

Most of the time, if i'm fishing 3 or more we are jigging or bobber fishing so the deck size would be fine to sit 2 in the back and 2 in the front...:cool:

Later all!

Nitro lists the X5 package at 18'11" with the tounge swung away. im not sure if thats with the motor up or down. The z7 lists at over 21'.

Hey JimB!

thanks man... i talked to my salesman and he said the catalog's specs are ONLY for the X4 w/ a 50hp (18'11")... the X5 w/ a 115 Opti is more like 2,350 lbs and over 19' w/sing away and thats w/o a dual console and a 12v battery system... i'm sure with some options that rig could hit 2,400 lbs

21 foot is a little too much, couldnt even angle the boat in the garage...got one of those step lips about 2 1/2 feet from the back of the garage ... I always wondered why they couldnt build garages for homes that stretch to at least 20ft... i would sacrafice a few feet in the house for a boat....but thats just me!:angry:

thanks all... happy days!!!

Hey Tony,

I have the same problem as you with the short garage. I was looking at an X5 as well. I measured the X5 inside a BPS with the 115 opti and got a measurment with tounge open and motor down of about 19'3". I "think" that the motor could be turned, or trimmed down All the way you might get a few more inches.. not really sure unless you tried it though.

Hi Mike F!

well that makes me feel better knowing i'm not the only one@:rolleyes:

19'3" sounds PERFECT!! thats what i was thinking, turning the motor a little could save an inch or 2... my BPS only has the X4 and it looks great BUT how does the X5 look with the 115 Opti! bet it looks MINT up close@

Let me know what YOU think of the X5... and what boat do you have now?

thanks!!

One other thing if you guys are CLOSE on size is park the boat at a slight angle, so it gives you a few more inches. Or tell the wife with the interests down and housing prices sunk, just BUY a new house with a 25ft deep garage!!! LOL

I got lucky on this place, my garage is 38ft deep, just 2ft shy of putting my Dodge and Nitro hooked up, but easy when I put the Nitro slightly sideways/angel then both fit in the garage back-to-back. In our old house with a regular 2 car garage, the Tracker always got my slot, the car stayed outside!

Well, I'm hoping that the X5 will be my first real bass boat. Right now I'm still in the '63 Aluminum semi V richline, lol. The X5 does look very nice in person, they have two of them on the showroom right now, a black/red one and a yellow/black one. Not much different than the X4 obviously, just the 115 motor, which makes a big difference on appearance IMO.

Hope your hunt goes good, wish me luck on my convincing of the wife as well!

WOW! 38ft... what a dream..! well since i just bought my place in Jan 09 ... kinda on the 5 year plan... so boat has to fit...man would that be great to pull in both the Nitro and the truck... same here...Truck outside and boat inside... no problem !

man that black/red combo is eye candy!! love the red on bass boats! that website E5zero gave has a GREAT pic of a red/blk combo ... mercy! that boat looks amazing!

Good Luck Mike and tell her you only live once and right now is a really good time to purchase a boat (low interest rates) :D

If the wife fishes, that will help on convincing... :wub:

Latest posts

Back