Nitro X-4 Bow fish finder

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Graham

Reaction score
I have a 2009 Nitro X-4. From reading on here I learned that under the front bow plastic cover, where the wiring for lights/trolling motor is located, that there may be extra unused wires meant for a fish finder. Is this the case in every Tracker boat?? I looked and looked and could not see any extra unused wires. There is 1 plug with wires coming from the fuse block and then those wires are going to the bow light receptacle...I thought they were all being used/going to a connection but I will check again.....Just thought it would be a time saver not to have to pull extra wires...any thoughts?

On both of the Nitro's i have owned there wre unused wires for a fish finder up there. They were a purple wire and a black wire with butt connectors on them ready to go. They are a part of the harness that goes to the bow light.

Thanks for the quick reply...I just got done checking again and here is what I found. There are wires going to the light and horn but no extras. However, there is a white plug with six wires that plugs into the foot trim switch. It is only using three wires for the trim switch. (six wires coming in from fuse block...then the opposite side of plug only has 3 wires going to trim switch) That leaves me with three wires: a gray that seems to be 12v positive and a black wire and a blue/white stripe wire that seem to be negatives. Was these extras meant for the fishfinder or not? How do I find out what amp the fuse would be for this circuit? There are no wires coming out of the plug so I would have to try to remove the pos and neg wires from the hot side of the plug or see if radio shack has some metal connectors for this type of plug. May be easier to run new wires ??!!??!! Any suggestion?

More info:

There is a white and black wire for the horn. Then there are 3 wires with spade connectors (male and female)that are red, black, grey with green stripe and these are connected to the bow light. Thanks

Back