Nitro Transom Drain Plug

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Hunter

Reaction score
Hi guys. I thought I would pass along some info to my fellow Nitro bass boat owners. I've been trying to find a transom drain plug for my 2011 Z6 and it's been quite an adventure. Tracker Marine has discontinued the plug that I need for my boat. The plug on the Bass Pro site is the wrong plug. So after lots of communications with Tracker I found the part number which is "24898 OLD STYLE" It has threads and a brownish/pink rubber washer on it. I finally found some in NH. The parts dept. phone number is 603-541-5166. At $3.89 each I ordered several so I would have a spare or two.

I hope this helps someone who needs this plug or one just for a spare.

Thanks,
Gary

Last edited:
I went through the same run-a-round with my 2011 Lowes tin, some where I have the receipt for the spare plug. I always try to carry a spare plug, especially this type. It is easy for it to break off during trailing. Now I drain at the ramp, reinstall the plug and remove when home. I do not care what you say, you will get water in your boat one way or the other. Point is, this type of plug should be installed when traveling down the road, it will break off. My 2 cents.

I do not have a clue, the complete unit is not very expensive, I would just buy a new plug assembly and spare plug. Install the new assembly and now you will have records.

I do not have a clue, the complete unit is not very expensive, I would just buy a new plug assembly and spare plug. Install the new assembly and now you will have records.

Latest posts

Back