Nitro Should Be Ashamed of Themselves

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Rose

Reaction score
Just yank the post I should not have bothered.

I am too frustrated over this to come across any other way than frustrated. sorry :(

Welcome to NTOWS. Nice first post. Who is the dealer? Considering that you will be unhappy even if they replace the boat, time to dump it and move on. Now that you threatened them with attorney/litigation, the outcome will only be negative. I don't know you and I'm not sure if anyone here knows you, but this is only one side of the story. You may have babied it during breakin and let the motor properly warm up each and every time or you may have hammered on it when cold. Only you would know.

I hope it all works out for ya in the end and you find a boat manufacturer that suits your needs.

EDIT: Spelling error.

Bob, well put. We only know one side of the story. Personally i have never had anything but good service from Nitro and my dealer.

Another thing that needs to be pointed out. The motor and the boat are two completely different issues. Merc makes the motor and Nitro makes the boat. The reason they no longer offer the standard opti any more has nothing to do with "design issues" its a marketing thing, bass boat guys want the more powerful Pro XS motors. The standard opti has proven itself pretty durable over the years, if treated and taken care of properly they last.

"If this had been a truck or a car it would have been replaced long ago by the manufacture"

Dont be so sure about that... I have lived thru the lemon car thing and it was not an easy road, the manf wanted to leave me out in the cold as well.

I had to lawyer up to replace a truck that spent so much time in the shop in the first 3 months i owned it that i spent more time driving a rental than i did in the truck i bought. Took me almost a year and a lot of money paid to a lawyer to get my money back.

I had a bad time at a NITRO dealer in wilmington vermont said i needED a whole new wire harrness on a merc 225 optimaxs wasnt even the problem was both tps throttle position sensors i pulled that boat out of that dealer after about 1 month they tried every thing brought it to action marine in holyoke mass 2 weeks later problem solved. It might not be NITRO BUT THE PILOT DEALER THAT THE GUY USED MAYBE THEY SUCK SO BEFORE SMASHING NITRO CHECK TO A DIFFERENT DEALER or mechanic

Well, I'm a little late to the party and missed the first post but Brian, you can be guaranteed that you will get honest answers here even if you don't like them all the time. Let you frustration settle, re-post your problem(s) and we can help you work them out. I see you are in Sterling, I am in Warrenton. Don't be too hasty to write this site off as negative or one-sided. We are not and have helped solve many issues with Tracker and other dealers.

TOXIC

I notice he never came back. Most likely was a troll or really wasn't looking for honest answers. I wonder just how much "internet sabotage" goes on? Either by individuals who may be connected with a competing company and their job is to stir the pot or put negative word out there. The same way the Hummingbird Greg and Bob B are out there helping on the positive side. I know Greg frequents a few websites to keep bird owners happy. I know some of the insiders write their own product reviews and "feedback" on websites only with these "Hired Guns" (or even marketing companies?) go around spreading negative experiences? hmmmmmmm..........:lol:

TOXIC

+1 @ TOXIC!!

This site seem's to have very few troll's,Which is Awesome...Hope it stay's that way!:);)

Trolls are kind of UGLY...did'ja ever see the one on Harry Potter!?!?!?!

when i bought my z7 from bp in orlando,they swapped a regular opti for an opti xs as part of the purchase deal,finally had to take it to a marine shop in haines city to get it set up properly,seems bp orlando can install fish finders,and fix hose leaks,I left there so frustrated with those people ill never take my boat back there,but on the other hand,im sure most bp shops have quilified personal.

Well I never came back cuase you a lot of you guys sounded just like the dealer, trying to blame me for things I did not do. I am not a troll and this issue is just about over still going through the lawyer thing. Mind you the guys at Tracker are the ones that told me to get a lawyer involved because corporate would not do anything about it. Sorry Trackers lawyers say I am not allowed to talk about settlement.

Brian,

Welcome back. Like I said before, I hope it all works out for ya. I don't think anyone blamed you for anything. When you bust in a forum slamming a boat manufacturer on your first post, what is everyone here supposed to think?

Nitro or no Nitro, everyone is welcome here. Several members came here as Tracker/Nitro owners and now have another brand, including myself. If you stay, your name will always appear negative. :unsure:

In other words, update the screen name and join the festivities!! There are horror stories here, there are feel good stories here and there are a LOT of issues that get solved here. Some of the longest members here came with problems. We're not as rabid as Ranger owners, not a cum-by-ya as BassCat owners or as speed centered as the "Fast Boat" crowd (Allison, Stroker, Bullet, etc.) but we are a bunch of boaters with a collective knowledge that spans a pretty good range of problems.

TOXIC

Ya I realized I sounded like I felt, that is why I yanked most of my post. Now as soon as I can figure out how to change screen name I will and will let ya all know how the replacements work out.

Just start over with a new screen name and re-introduce yourself.

Latest posts

Back