Nitro Boat Ladder

• Thread starter Greg Neely, P.E.
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Neely, P.E.

Reaction score
There are oodles of Nitro's on the water. :rolleyes: Has anyone found a suitable boarding ladder for a Nitro? I have an old buddy (age 77) :eek: who really wants one on his Series 9 Nitro?

Thanks you all,

I put the 2 step ladder from BPS ($56) on my PT 185 just before it was sold. It was an easy install and looked okay. It should fit a PT 17?

Apparently no one :angry: makes a ladder that will fit the rounded stern of a Nitro?

Hey Old - Go to my library and see the ladder that I had installed on my Nitro 896. It really works well and doesn't have any impact on performance. I had it installed when I bought the boat and if you are interested I will try and find out who the manufacturer is.

Uncle Billy - I put the 2 step folding one from BPS on my PC 175 and it worked great for Beka, the boys and I. I don't know about the 9 series but one or more folks on this site have the same 2 step ladder on boats like the 700lx.

I just went with the portable over the gunwale ladder, store it in the bildge and use it for me and the kids when we need it.

Trep

Uncle Billy - I have the folding two step ladder on the transom on my PT175. Works great!! I'll try to find pictures and post.

Thanks y'all.. I'd appreciate seeing the pictures Jim if you can find them.

Old, I'm sorry for hijacking your post.

Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy - Tox is right. Come down and I'll show it to you live!! Heck, with 75 degree forecast temps, you could try it out personnally! :D:D:D

Seriously, I'll take pics when I'm down there and post them later this weekend - hopefully with a few pics of the Lake's occupants as well!

I wish I could, I wish I could.. Nancy has some kind of craft or something show she's going to tomorrow and she has to have the Mini-van. There's no way I can drive my truck to Anna.

I'm looking for something else right now that I can tow the boat with, carry the dogs in and something I don't have to shift. I tried to go over my sister's today and I couldn't push the clutch in and out.

When are you guys coming down this way???

Uncle Billy

When the weather is warmer? (-; Seriously, Uncle Billy, you better be careful because I WILL come up your way to fish! :D

In the meantime, here are a couple of the pics I promised...

0106071724.jpg

0106071725.jpg

0106071725a.jpg

You won't get a BPS ladder to fit on that boat. They are made for flat or semi-flat transoms.

In the shop we rig old 896 ladders on them. They are set up for rounded transom and have adjustable bottom legs to help it hug the "curve" of your transom.

Tracker p/n 86636

For just $46,000 plus you can buy a new Z9 with a built in ladder and solve your problem.:D

HP

That looks good Jim, I got some other pics sent to me too by Oldgringo.. I sure have to get something. I do think Steves (HerndonPro) idea is a little out of range.:rolleyes:

Jim, you're right. We could have gone swimming with weather like that. AND, I don't have to be careful, I'd love to see you guys over this way. I took Toxic out and we didn't have a very good day but it wasn't too bad. He won't come back because he says I tried to burn him up by keeping him in the sun.:p There is on place on the Eastern Shore in the spring that you may get tired of catching stripers.

Uncle Billy

Stripers?? Spring? Tired of catching?? Not a chance!! Let's plan on it!

Trep, will the standard $56 2-step ladder from BPS work on a 640LX? Where does the top mount attach, on the transom or the deck?

Hey Bill in VA I have a 1998 896 I am trying to find a ladder for. I checked your libary and could not find pics of it. Could you please post some pics of it and where you got it. I have tried unervirsal ladder and there are all juck.

Latest posts

Back