Nitro and local dealer suck!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darrell Domm

Reaction score
I have owned a 640 LX for 13 months now. I bought the boat new and have very few hours on it. It is junk from the ground up. Some wires under the consol are twisted with elec. tape. I already have a four foot crack in the hull.

Guess what? They could care less at The dealer and Tracker.

I offered to trade it in on a new one. But of course they didn`t want to give me crap for mine.(Paid 14,000-wanted to give me 7,000 for mine) BOAT CITY and NITRO. YOU SUCK!

Where is the crack and how did it happen?? I have a 04 640LX / 05 75hp Optimax. 30 hours with only a few minor problems caused by ****ty rigging at the dealer. Hauls ass for a little rig. 46gps@57-5800rpm. Nice smooth dry ride. Sorry to hear yours sucks. Hope you get it handled.

Where's the 4 foot crack in the hull, I see you have a pic of getting ready to go fishing, nice looking ride. Did you hit something? If its gelcoat, thats only cosmetic, and if you did not hit anything Tracker dealer should fix it. If you hit something,, you should contact your insurance co. they should cover it , less deductable. I also have a 2004 Nitro ( NX750 ), and I have to say except for a few minor gel coat cracks in splash well ( which the dealer fixed ) my boat is awesome. Sorry to hear about your problems, perhaps someone on the site has a contact for you at Tracker.

any thing tracker marine group makes is junk,,never again will buy any thing from or waypoint in san antonio

K5,

Can you elaborate on your comments? This is starting to sound like a troll,, wrong board folks, think your looking for BFHP

Yea, I agree with Brian... Two brand new people with one post each, and one not a member, hmmmm

How do you think the crack got there? Who's the dealer? The

"it's not the boat but the dealer" seems to be a common thread. If that's so, I agree with Todd. Nitro/Tracker should keep an eye on who is selling there boats.

Bill

Bill and Brian,

I will say this, I am happy with my Nitro, but Boat City USA, in the New Orleans area ( two stores) are horrible . In their defense, they sell many brands, and not just Nitro , Tracker. Trying to buy parts from them is like winning the lottery, they just flat out do not want to be bothered. However they complain to Tracker, if you were to get parts from them. Big problem, and Nitro around here loses a lot of sales because of it . I tell you, if I had to buy another boat, I probally would consider another maker . Tracker Marine makes so many different boats even they compete with themselves, Tracker, Nitro, Astro to name a few. If more time were spent on quality control, most dealers would not be selling Tracker boats, and better dealers would be selling them. Anyway just my 2 cents worth, what do I know ? Bubby

Yeah the dealers are employing some ex-Mcdonalds employies to do the rigging and repairs. My 640LX came from a very reputible dealer in Southern Cal. But when I took it out for the first time it had it's share of problems.

1). the speedo did not work -- Turned out that nobody snipped the closed end of the hose coupling off at the lower unit.

2). the trolling motor kept jumping out of the mount when energized -- Flashing in the lock-pin groove.

3).Very hard steering torque pulling to the right -- Called the dealer from the lake, dealer told me " oh well, that's the way big motors are " -- BIG MOTORS?? -- 75hp OPTI. anyway I managed to fix it with the trim tab and a Laser2.

4). The second trip out the trolling motor would not work -- after crawling under the deck and checking wiring with nothing found, it turned out that the riggers used crimp connectors 4 inches from the bow plug-in instead of wiring it directly to the screws inside the plug. Guess what!! They came apart!!

Other than that it is a very good boat for the money. Now the 75hp Opti, that's another problem. It now has been to 2 different dealers for an anoying idle missfire and stalling under 1000rpm. The first dealer had it for 2 weeks at 10.5hrs, gave me a story about an extra check valve in the fuel line, removed it and said all was well. Same thing next trip out!!

The second dealer at 23hrs said they changed the crank sensor, plugs, and the temp sensor. Gave it back to me with the oil tank loose and the top cowling caved in on top. Took it out and same thing!! They have ordered a new cowling for me though.

Sorry folks but this is looking more like BFHP troll than a NTWS post. If you have a problem with your dealer or Tracker, there are lots of folks on this site that may be able to assist. Just ask for the help you'll be suprised how many of us are here who are very happy with our rigs and know how to get them fixed..

Ask and you shall receive,, help that is...

The fact that they have not come back (Todd has made it clear in a few posts that he has had a problem), shows they would rather gripe than get it fixed. Darrell, if you took the time to download pics and join, why not ask for some help and advice rather than slingin' mud? Not saying that your telling the truth but just serve it a little differently. We don't bash anybody.

TOXIC

sorry you guys think this is BFHP, not sure what that means, but you need to heed with this boat buyers are saying Tracker Marine has alot of enternal problems and they have no clue, zero, on how to run a proper dealership. I know

I have never had to work with a dealer since I bought my Nitro used, so I can't comment on the service. I can tell you that my 1998 700 LX is a very nice boat and that I'm quite happy with it. Even the 90HP Tracker motor (made by Mercury Marine but still using the Force power head at that time) starts quickly and runs great. Everything is still original equipment and works perfectly. The previous owner kept the boat in a garage when not in use so it even shines like new. Im sure there are many others that have good experiences with Nitro boat.

JimC

I find it very hard to believe 4' cracks just "show up" in a hull, regardless of manufacturer. Maybe I'm wrong on that one, but it seems a little far out there. I bought my '04 Avalanche from Waypoint in New Braunfels (San Antonio), and so far could not be happier with the boat or the dealership. I've only had to take it in a couple of times for service. The first was to change the Merc's impellar. It was a 2003 Optimax that they cut me a deal on, never in the water, that had just been sitting on another boat on the lot and the impellar had gotten hard. The second was for my steering wheel not lining up straight when my motor was. They happily fixed it right then and there, and didn't even laugh at me or anything!!! ;-) Great dealer and awesome boat.

For what it's worth...

--Casey

Stick to dealers that know fishermen and deal primarily with outboards and your odds of getting better service increase. These guys know how to set up outboard boats, they know what goes wrong with outboard boats, and they can usually fix outboard boats. I've learned that lesson over the years.

Da Bear

My son-in-law father has some problems with Boat City in Henderson, La. Mainly with the carpet rotting out. Last year Boat City changed just the bad section. Well now the other sections are rotting. Again Boat City is having it changed again. They still don't know what's causing it, but the dealer has been hard to deal with.

Barry

The hull on my PT185 cracked in two spots, 8" each. The dealer, Northeast Marine, Dickson City, Pa. did absolutely nothing for me!!!! On the other hand Tracker was very cooperative, they let me upgrade to a Nitro 700LX for $570 more, and threw in a new trolling motor and fish finder! The PT185 was a 2003, I got a 2005 boat and trailer(same outboard of course). I think I did pretty good!

brian,you actually bought a boat from them?i wont go near the place even if they have what i need,i would wait for someone else to get it for me!been in there before he had tracker,boy was he badmouthing them when i told him what i had.did you ever hear his stories of salmon fishing on lake ontario?

Byron,

I think it is time for you to call Mercury Marine with the problems you are having with your Opti. If you would like go to my member profile and you can contact me I'll be more than glad to get you the number. They should be able to put you in touch with you local Premier Mercury dealer. Be aware that those folks will probably take care of their customers first but will help. If it can not be fixed "ask" for a Mercury tech rep to come and look at it. Mercury is a GREAT company to work with and I speak from experience, I do it everyday. Any other questions let me know. Thanks Ed

Latest posts

Back