Nitro 911 Bilge Pump

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kieth Fedo

Reaction score
Can someone here give me a clue?

I've got a 2007 Nitro 911 CDC and a couple of weeks ago (the last time I took it out) the boat flooded due to a bad seal. The problem is that my bilge never came on. I think the pump may be broken or I have a short in the wiring. Here's the $64,000 question...Where's the bilge pump on this beast?

You would think. But maybe I'm not holding my head right when I'm looking in there. I'm wondering if it's underneath the gas tank?

I don't know about the 911's, but my 896 didn't come with an automatic bilge pump. I have to turn it on manually. On my boat it is located under the battery tray in the lowest part of the bilge area.

Gene

My 929 has an "automatic bilge" light on the dash and a manual pump so you may not have an automatic pump. Mine is directly under the cranking battery floor plate.

I have both an auto and manual switch. I've used both before so I know that . I didn't look under the battery box. hmmmm....I'll give that place a look.

under the battery tray - its a whole lotta fun to get to.

Thanks all, I'll take a look this weekend. I appreciate the help.

Pull the batteries in the tray located behind the gas tank, remove the tray, you will see lots of pumps. Its up to you to find which is which. There are recirc, fill, pump out and bilge pumps dowm there. Follow the hoses to find which is which.

The pump might be good and the auto switch bad....

The bilge pump should be the biggest pump. It could have fallen off its mount also.

Most of my 911's werent even in a mount. Only the hoses held it in place.

Thanks for the additional replies. It looks as if I've got my work cut out for me this weekend.

The harder part is going to be pinpointing my leak. My best "guess" is that I've got a bad seal around one of the intakes. I'm planning on running a thin bead of silicon around all of them. I'm also looking into the possibility that my plug is damaged somehow. Can't tell just yet. I'm planning on raising the engine, raising the trailer and then partially flooding the back end to see where it might be dripping.

fill the bilge, the leak will be evident if its coming from outside.

my bet is a livewell hose. sitting under the livewell....probably cracked from the livewell pressing down on it when full. but then again yours is a 2007, not original guardian livewells.

That happened to my 896. The hose came completely off the livewell drain though.

Gene

I checked the lines going into the livewells and they were good. That's why I'm thinking it's an intake. The boat never fully flooded, but it did take on an incredible amount of water. I noticed it after the boat was really sluggish after about 6 hours on the water.

I wish the problem was a result of my livewell being full. lol.

Don't forget to check your pumpouts too - In my 911, they had the front livewell teed to the back two - so when I tried to pump out any of them, it ended up filling the front - and they 'forgot' to add the airlines to the inlets - so there was an instant leak into the bilge.

(I've completely closed off that front livewell since then - the 01 front livewell design was incredibly stupid).

Now, this is the 01 911 - pretty sure they did the 07 different in the front livewell (if it even has one) - but its something to consider - if you ran your livewells, you mihgt have leaks around the pumpouts as well.

Thanks SimNitro, I'll check the pumpouts also. There still is a front livewell in the the 07 model. I haven't used it for anything except to hold water bottles. I plugged it after the first time on the water. It might have been good if I was going to use it for livebait though.

So I removed the battery, oil resevoir, and on-board charger and removed the plate they sat on. There sits my pumps. Two intakes, two pump outs and one big bilge pump in the center. Now the real fun begins. I haven't found my "leak" yet, but I have ruled out a bad line at the pumps.

I have a 2001 911. My bilge pump has a manuel switch on the left side of the steering wheel and an automatic float switch which is located right in front of the bilge pump just under the fuel tank. I found that all my wires in the bilge were badly corroded and all my pumps ran real slow. I found the wires coming out of the pumps were zinc plated copper and not corroded but the wiring harness from the boat appeared to only be copper and the copper bas black colored from corrosion. I had to cut all the corroded wiring back as far as I could reach and find noncorroded wire to soldiered in new zinc plated marine wiring that I ordered from a marine supply house. The auto float switch should get its power direct from the battery with no other switch in between so it will come on anytime the boat fills with water. Hope this info helps even though I am months behind your original post. Let me know if you have any questions.

Latest posts

Back