Nitro 901 CDX

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Campbell

Reaction score
I'm planning to buy a good tournament boat this spring, and I really like the nitro 901 CDX. I've never had a nitro, and read some things on the internet saying nitro was a bad quilty boat. I currently own a skeeter which I've had just a few problems out of. If any nitro owners good tell me how there boat has held up, or if they would buy nitro again?

i don't have a nine series boat, but the 901 has a good reputation. it is the model which i would like to have. i think a lot of guys will let you know on this thread.

Nitro 9 series boats are excellent tournament quality boats. The fit and finish have improved every year since 1999 (my first year running one). I dont think you will be disappointed, but I have to ask have you owned a fiberglass tournament rig before?

You will soon find out that ALL manufacturers have problems. Some more than others. Nitro has a great quality to price ratio, making it one of the best "bang for your buck" boats on the water.

Mini

check other threads on this board, i have a 2002 901 cdx 200 efi i'm totally impressed with this boat. only issue i had was a wire harness which was glassed into the console came off. simple fix with cable tie. water in storage compartments after wash or heavy rain(it is a boat) ride in a three foot chop is second to none.will buy another when mama lets me! and the bank! storage space galore. wont find this on any other make.buy what you like you can't please them all. 9 series really stepped up to the plate for nitro

We have a Nitro 911 and we love it we would definatly buy another one like a 929.

T.S.

I have just ordered my 5th Nitro since 1993. I love them and I have a great dealer #1. PICK YOUR DEALER OVER YOUR BRAND. Just sold a 2001 901. Great boat super ride, one of the best, not as fast as others but no dog either, can't beat the ride, storage and layout are super. "9" series has it's positives and negatives. The "9's" have a great tournament layout and storage, performs super, the best livewells on the market, handles and rides well. Things I didn't like about it: doesn't fish as shallow, doesn't get around in thick cover as easily (stumps), and my storage boxes didn't stay as dry as I would like. I went to the new 898 "bass edition", my favorite was the 896 savage series, I have been told this 898 is very comparable w/improved storage. As far as over all quality of Nitro's I have no choice but to respond positively. I have not had one single issue ever w/poor quality in my Nitro's and I fish every bit of a 100+ days a year. I have had a 1993 190TF... a 1996 896 Savage..... a 1998 896 Savage... and a 2001 901 CDX... next is an 2003 898. You won't here me bad mouth them, and I don't think I would have had 4 exceptions. You'll love it. BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!!!. KENNY

Jay,

I know it may sound like I am sponsored by Nitro, but I am not I have bought all of these Nitro's w/ my hard earned money. I just have that curse of wanting a new one every 2-3 years.

But a sponsorship would be nice. KENNY

I have a 929 and I love it, I ran Skeeter for twenty years and loved them too but there is no boat on the market that has the room and ride of the 9 series. My fishing buddy had a Nitro 929 two years ago and bought a 225 Skeeter last year, his new 929 Nitro is due in anytime, so that tells you what he thinks about a Skeeter or Nitro. Good luck Later<>< <>< <>< <>< Jack

I ran a 901 for 3 years....it has a 200Opti on it and runs and rides GREAT,,.....it has tons of storage and served me very well for 3 years. I recently sold it to a member of this board and will deliver it to him in late March after the water get's a little softer so we can go over everything "on the water"!! You would be very happy with a 901!!...

Mac

Morning Mac....

I see the two "early birds" are chirping away. BTW Jay...I run a 929CDX, Happy as a pig in deep mud!! Anything that goes wrong can be handled by the excellent members on this board.

TOXIC

Heck..... My lakes are frozen over..... EVERYTHING is a topwater!

w'zup fella's.....i may be an early bird...but i don't do woims!!! 'lesson their texas rigged!!! LOL

I have a 901 CDX and love it. By far the best running and best looking boat I've ever had. Just ask Mac !

All I can say is:

I love my Nitro 901 CDX.

This is the first time I can actually think that I will not need to trade up.

I looked at some really nice skeeter's teh other day, and the thought occured to me:

If I were to trade the 901 in on _anything_ it would be a lateral step, meaning I will not be gaining anything substantial out of it. (Compare this to when I traded the TR186 in for the 901, I got alot more room and ponies to play with).

As far as service concerns. The Dealer is what will make the difference. The best boat sold by the worst dealer makes it a bad boat. ALL boats have one issue or another to resolve within the first year of use.

Latest posts

Back