Nitro 288 Sport Parts

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Staron

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first time on the site. I have a few questions and was hoping someone could help me out.

I'm looking for replacement parts, specifically the rod locker doors and trim pieces to a 2003 288 Sport. These port sideis no longer available through Tracker and the starbourd side runs $400, can anyone give me any ideas to find replacements.

The reason I'm looking to replace tem is that the paint color has worn off. Has anyone tried to paint them and what would be the best type of paint to use?

Also I'm looking to replace the speakers and my boat is in storage now, does anyone know what size they are?

Thanks

Welcome Brian, I can't help with your Q's but do a search, seems there were some posts about speaker replacement recently. Other owners of your boat will chime in.

TOXIC

If your speakers look like mine, then they are 4". I have a 185 sport.

Also, I would recommend the polk audio db401's. All of polk audio speakers are marine certified, and they are supposedly some of the best 4" you can get.

web.jpg

Brian, what color are your doors? Gray or Brown? Let me know which color and I will see if I have a set in our storage building. Do you need both sides? IF I have them they will be cheaper than 400 a door.

Send me an email at [email protected] with the information?

RJ,

They are brown. Please let me know if you have them. I did purchase some automotive paint to day to spray them, however it would be nice to have a backup in case it doesn't work.

Also, I have another dilemma. I purchase a new house and have a slip on a community dock. I will be keeping the boat in the water all summer and I'm looking for a way to cover it while not in use. Is there any way to get a cover that will work for this purpose? I will likely get a lift down the road and would be able to strap to it at that time, but is there anything I can do in the mean time?

Thanks, Brian

TOXIC, Thanks for the reply. They are not the same. I did contact Tracker directly and they told me they are 6.5", however from memory the outside cover may be 6.5" so I don't know what size the actual speaker is. Will probably have to wait till next weekend and look at the boat in storage.

thank again

You need to look for a "mooring cover" plenty of the manufacturers make them but I will warn you they are no where near as watertight as the regular trailering covers.

TOXIC

Ben,

I purchased some Deltron DIU paint from an auto store to paint the rod lockers and the plastic frame around them. Turned out great. Cost about $80 to do but look new. Don't try to use the DIU paint for the dash though, it is fiberglass and the paint will not work. I haven't tried it yet but I think you need DBU paint for the fiberglass.

Latest posts

Back